The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

World Cup Discussion Thread

Hahaha, don’t jinx them! wink

I think Brazil and Argentina will get better as the competition goes on. I think at least one of them will make the final. Netherlands and Germany are the other teams I think can do really well. France will fumble at some point.

Check this out… 167 people actually placed money on Suarez biting someone in the World Cup! How crazy is that!

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/luis-suarez-biting-prop-bet-norway

Thats shocking.

the dude shoudl be banned from the sport for life not just the world cup.

It was just a nibble… wink

ozgirl - 27 June 2014 01:58 PM

Thats shocking.

the dude shoudl be banned from the sport for life not just the world cup.

Thats like saying, “Kim got upset and belted someone on the mountain, she’s never allowed to ski/board again”

I beat up Dylan every time I see him. Should I be banned from seeing him for life? michelle

yeah plus it is the 3rd time he has done it! combined with a string of other incidents and simulation.

If he didn’t learn his lesson the first 2 times, whats gonna stop him doing it again??
Professional players shouldn’t have to come up against him and be worried about getting bitten. I think the punishment handed down is fitting, I think life ban is a bit of a stretch at this stage, but one more bite and surely he has to go!

Jeremy everytime he tries to beat me up

after the first time, i just tell him he won now, because its easier than listening to him cry smirk

It will hurt him financially as no team will want to pay him his true value based on skill alone. I think it’s a fair punishment. I’d rather he bite someone than a disgusting foul which seriously injures someone and ruins their career.  At the end of the day it was a minor injury. It’s more entertaining too. I’m only be half serious here… but you get my point.

StamfordKid - 27 June 2014 03:16 PM

yeah plus it is the 3rd time he has done it! combined with a string of other incidents and simulation.

If he didn’t learn his lesson the first 2 times, whats gonna stop him doing it again??

This exactly!!!

rider26 - 27 June 2014 03:25 PM

It will hurt him financially as no team will want to pay him his true value based on skill alone.

In a world with justice this would be true. Football isn’t one of those worlds, unfortunately.

walker - 28 June 2014 10:26 PM
rider26 - 27 June 2014 03:25 PM

It will hurt him financially as no team will want to pay him his true value based on skill alone.

In a world with justice this would be true. Football isn’t one of those worlds, unfortunately.

Mabe they’re just planning on sending him to a better soccer/acting school, so he’s better equipped to get away with it next time.

FIFA. What a bunch of corrupt pussies, incapable of making the hard calls

Tough wins for Brazil and the Netherlands. Both teams scraping through. An especially tough pill to swallow for Mexico who were winning until the 88th minute. What the hell is this “cooling down break”? Ridiculous. Just play.

same with Costa Rica v greece, costa was up 1-0 until the 91st minute when greece evened, after that i thought costa rica wanted to loose until the penalty shoot out

rider26 - 30 June 2014 10:21 AM

What the hell is this “cooling down break”? Ridiculous. Just play.

^^This bloke has obviously never tried to play in the heat!^^

Was a bit sad for Mexico but they definitely got their tactics wrong in the second half….and super happy that Costa Rica got up against the odds, being a man down (after aussie ref ben williams gave about a billion cards out!) Was a brave effort to successfully hold out for pens, a player short during extra time in that heat!
All the penalties were excellent!

I’m glad that all the best teams have got through so far, the rest of the tournament should contain some cracking matches.

Hopefully the argies will sort it out, they’ve been dross so far, but what potential if they could get it together.

And to all those people wanting to ban suarez, I know you’re all just Norwich fans don’t deny it.