The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Convenience Bindings

Hi Rhino
I, like yourself, find it hard to take anyones opinion on products without trying them myself.
So even though everyone told me that flow bindings sucked I bought some I found on sale. The fact is they just don’t feel good because they are really only a big fat heel strap instead of a heel and toe strap. When we board we apply pressure to the heel and toe edge so not having a toe strap simply doesn’t work.
Like Rider said earlier they also aren’t really any faster to put on if you have them adjusted to fit snug. And even if you buy a different rear entry binding that does have a heel and toe strap it’s still going to be fiddly to strap in. So it won’t be any faster and still won’t quite fit as well as normal bindings.
So that’s the low down on those bindings, please don’t waste your money like I did.

If your still not convinced I can tell you that flow bindings also work best with flow boots. Which I’m guessing you don’t have and would be a bad choice to buy unless they fit you better than any other brand. I had new Burton boots when I was using the flow bindings I had. Because the high backs fold up like they do, they broke the spines of my new boots.

My advice is just get normal bindings that have nice comfortable straps and fit well. The more you board, the faster you will get at strapping in. And have a good time on your snowboard trip. smile