The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

EST Bindings.

So I ride a Burton board that I picked up a few years ago, but the bindings are now getting slightly worn out. So I was just wondering which bindings people on here recommend.
EST I know there aren’t many to choose from, they seem good to me.
but I could get adaptor plates and use normal bindings.
so basically it boils down to “just get some EST ones” or “get some adaptors and these”
P.S I’m not in a huge rush they will hold up for this season but I was thinking that it would be cheap online over our winter because it’s “last seasons” gear in the USA

I take it your Burton board has the channel?

This most important questions…

Do you think this will be the only board you use the bindings with? If not, will you only be buying Burton boards?

Personally, I’m a big fan of EST bindings. But they are very limiting in that they only work with a Burton board with the channel. Even if you just want to swap boards with a mate, or demo a board, you won’t be able to.

So have a think about the future. Having options is probably a good idea.

yea I suppose that’s true. for now it would be the only board. but at some stage I will need a new board, whether it’s Burton or not I don’t know, didn’t really think about that factor so thanks for pointing it out. I guess I’ll probably wait it out, the bindings are still usable and then maybe buy a whole new setup in a year or two.

Worth mentioning, Burton in the USA won’t allow stores to ship to Australian customers. They established that policy several years ago to protect stores in Australia. You also lose your warranty etc.

I just published this review yesterday. Worth a read.
https://www.boardworld.com.au/snowboarding/now-ipo-bindings-review

Really good value bindings that will work with any board. Speak to us if there’s anything we can help you with and we will look after you. wink

yea anything Burton I get, will just be from one of the 2 local shops that I go to.

those IPO bindings look pretty sweet, definitely going to consider them. the boardworld store looks to be a good place to buy them from too.

Let me know if you want to purchase anything and I’ll get you a member discount code to use.

rider26 - 09 May 2014 05:39 PM

Let me know if you want to purchase anything and I’ll get you a member discount code to use.

cool thanks will do.