The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Review: Now IPO Bindings

Yes, we are getting all models (except the O-Drive), all colours and sizes.

That’s awesome Jez.

I love the improvements they’ve made in every revision they’ve had.

I think I may look at getting the new selects or drive…. or ..... just stick with my drives… (but I want to use the new drive highbacks!! lol!! OMG so much choice!!!)

Just wondering if anyone has tried a combination of bushings out before? One of the guys in the shop I got my setup from suggested chucking soft bushings on the heelside, and the medium ones on the toeside, to attempt to achieve what an asym board does. I haven’t tried it as of yet, but it sounds interesting!

I really want to aqua coloured IPO’s but I dont like the idea of a white footbed. if I could get the aqua colourway with black footbeds that would be awesome!

Wizey - 28 September 2014 05:18 PM

Just wondering if anyone has tried a combination of bushings out before? One of the guys in the shop I got my setup from suggested chucking soft bushings on the heelside, and the medium ones on the toeside, to attempt to achieve what an asym board does. I haven’t tried it as of yet, but it sounds interesting!

I’ve never thought of doing that. I might give it a go when I get to Whistler. Stay tuned…

Ohhhh same!

I figure it could work, making it easier to turn the heelside much like an aysm board does. He also suggested changing the bushings to achieve a different lateral flex. How useful would this be in pow or park? Possibly easier presses/easier to weight the back foot? Even change the whole back binding to soft? SO MANY OPTIONSSSSS

or just ride no bushings and it could be loose as hell Daewon style haha

If these bindings are a little narrower in the heel cup, has anybody had problems with their existing boots. Have you had to change boots, if so to what brand?
cheers hatto

hatto - 01 October 2014 11:16 AM

If these bindings are a little narrower in the heel cup, has anybody had problems with their existing boots. Have you had to change boots, if so to what brand?
cheers hatto

no problem, but need to make sure your heel is pressed back otherwise toe strap may come loose.  US 9.0 Nitro Team TLS boot in a medium Now IPO.

Even though I demoed the Drive, didn’t realize the highback is softer laterally compared to the IPO when handflexing it in the store the other day.