The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Review: Now IPO Bindings

grunge - 04 September 2014 01:13 PM

I think you definitely feel the skate influence if you use the white/softest bushings, especially if you’re noodling around, and not trying to charge.

Good point. I think the soft bushings would be sick in powder too. I need to try this.

rider26 - 04 September 2014 10:03 AM

My parrot is bigger.  smirk

You’ve seen a cockatoo then?????

I test rode the Drive and the select at the demo day a few weeks ago, and I gotta say, next season I will be riding on IPO’s for sure! the edge control is awesome!
i found that the ankle strap wasnt quite as comfortable as my rome 390s, but it wasnt uncomfortable either.
I found the Drive was too stiff, I cant even imagine the O-drive..

now. believe the hype.

Mizu Kuma - 04 September 2014 01:20 PM
rider26 - 04 September 2014 10:03 AM

My parrot is bigger.  smirk

You’ve seen a cockatoo then?????

ISWYDT LOL

rider26 - 02 September 2014 03:22 PM

I must say that I find it harder noticing the skate-tech-influenced performance benefits when riding softer, slushy snow—which we did have for much of the shred. Where I really notice the benefits is when I can lay down a harder edge. As you know per our “lesson” we were trying to be as loose as possible and be gentle on our edges; you’re not really going to notice the benefits as much in that situation. Get onto some fresh, fast groomers and you will feel it immediately.

I got to test my IPO’s with the medium bushings this weekend, and can completely agree. We had first lifts at Thredbo both Saturday and Sunday, and charging down the fast groomers was amazing, felt totally different to my Missions. Obviously I had a new board too but my edge control felt so precise and required a lot less effort. Really keen to chuck soft bushings in for some Japow! I thought the ankle straps would be more uncomfortable than my Missions but they were on par, maybe a little more comfortable, as I didn’t need to crank them down quite as hard and so didn’t get any pressure points. The toe strap was tops too. All in all, really stoked on them!

Thanks for the feedback, Wizey! I’ve always been a fan of Burton straps but I have to say I absolutely love the IPO ankle straps. Perfectly shaped in my opinion.

Any news on when the size small NOW bindings are expected in stock?
I’ve got a friend interested.

^

Not sure about here, but I know they’ve got early stock in Canada where they’re based. (JF is Whistler based,) just in time for their turkey sale. I’d imagine we’d get it around the same time or early next year….

LMB - 22 September 2014 09:35 PM

Quite soon actually. I’ve already put in our order for the new 2015 stock. Please let me know if there’s anything I can help you with.

rider26 - 23 September 2014 09:15 AM
LMB - 22 September 2014 09:35 PM

Quite soon actually. I’ve already put in our order for the new 2015 stock. Please let me know if there’s anything I can help you with.

Contact made shaka

^ awesome.

One more notch for the NOW camp. =)

Done and done. Thanks for the support, LMB. shaka

Now 2015 will be available to ship by November 1st, if anyone is interested. We are stocking a full range. Hit me up if you need anything.

Will you be getting the green ones?? Its the only thing holding me back on Nows, the lack of colour

Im like a bower bird, what of it?!?!?!

there is green nows?

Yeap.

In the Selects:
http://now-snowboarding.com/products/select/

w00t w00t!