The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Fox Sports Announces Broadcast Deal With Street League Skateboarding

Fox Sports has announced a multi-year broadcast deal with Street League Skateboarding.

What are your thoughts on this? It will definitely bring skateboarding to a wider audience than ever before, but there’s been a lot of negative comments about the ‘mainstream’ state of skateboarding in the past and this will surely add some fuel to the fire.

I think skateboarding is growing sport, wich is what we all want, so I don’t see anything wrong with fox supporting it

I dont see anything wrong with them covering it. Street League has been going for a few years now and broadcast to large audiences.

The main thing is that the sport isnt misrepresented by being presented by people who have no idea. For example commentators who have no idea. Like Snowboarding in the Olympics. That was a joke because they were calling everything wrong.

This has yet to be a problem in Street League. Well from what I have watched anyway

I think another issue you do get is big brands come in milk it and then leave when the industry is struggling to survive. It’s happened before and it will happen again but the core of skateboarding continues. I don’t really care to much for competitions unless they are Battle of the Berrics ran because it’s by skateboarders for skateboarders. Competition skateboarding or snowboarding lacks creativity now and it’s all in a format. Chris Cole with still doing the same go to tricks and same with the other lads. 

The idea of being invited to compete at Street League is a total wank off.