The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Great Count Down!

5 DAYS TILL THE SNOW!!

I hate being negative, but its more like 5 days til ‘official opening weekend’ http://www.mountainwatch.com/#forecasts downer

rage  nutjob  rage  dance  wah

= Snowdance !!!    michelle

This is bloody depressing… We need snow asap!

nutjob  nutjob

Disappointed with mother nature disappointed was really looking forward to at least FV being open. Oh well, at least I am a short drive away when the snow does decide to fall.

Relax your beef peeps..

Calm before the storm!! When it snows it will DUMP im sure!!

I knew I liked you ^^^

I’m really really hoping this is the case surferguy!

ozgirl - 01 June 2014 04:46 PM

I knew I liked you ^^^

Awww thanks Kim

I like ya too smile

I’ve seen MANY seasons start with no snow a week before the opening.
Our snowmaking is by far the best in the world - with 2 nights of the guns pumping Perisher can open FV on just man-made, Thredbo can do the same for FF. Usually the guns go full bore this week, there’s little point (apart from marketing) for them to run sooner.

There is no need for concern until late June (after winter solstice) thats when the snow starts to accumulate enough for runs to open.

spaz - 02 June 2014 07:03 AM

I’ve seen MANY seasons start with no snow a week before the opening.
Our snowmaking is by far the best in the world - with 2 nights of the guns pumping Perisher can open FV on just man-made, Thredbo can do the same for FF. Usually the guns go full bore this week, there’s little point (apart from marketing) for them to run sooner.

There is no need for concern until late June (after winter solstice) thats when the snow starts to accumulate enough for runs to open.

Spoken like a true veteran shaka

It’s been raining non stop in Canberra since Saturday night. If only that was falling as snow in the mountains!

Top chat spaz, keep the morale up tongue wink

ah all i can say lucky i booked surf camp in hawaii for 15 nights.

4 DAYS TILL THE SNOW!!