The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Editing Support/Help

I’ve got editing down and in the bag.. i just need something to edit. It sucks because I’ve been editing gaming videos for 3 years and now I want something more.. I’ve done a skate edit before and it wasn’t as hard as i thought but now I need to put myself out their and I’m not sure how? so if someone could respond with some way of getting out their for ‘editing’ that would be sick as. I’m also only 14 but I don’t like to say but i am pretty good smile

Hey Westunn, welcome to Boardworld. cool smile

Do you film as well? To be honest, most skate editors out there are ‘videographers’ - meaning they film and edit. At the very least, most of them would have a very strong background in filming as well. We’ve never worked with any videographers who can’t do both aspects of creative process: filming and editing.

My suggestion would be to find some skaters at your local skatepark, make friends with them, and start filming. It’s honestly the only way you’ll learn. These days it’s pretty easy to start out because even iPhones film at good quality, or get a GoPro etc.

If you have friends who skate already, film them, and start editing your own footage. That would be my suggestion.

Alright thanks man and yeah i’ve already got a go pro smile and yeah i guess i can film aswell but i live in sydney australia.. and i don’t know if you know but we have a lot of ‘violance’ haha but yeah some of my mates skate and ill film them and stuff so thanks smile