The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Does snowboarding NEED to be “saved”?

After reading some of the pathetic fawning on The Flying Tampon’s Facebook page over his monumentally selfish decision to wimp out of slopestyle, I say NO!

Snowboarding doesn’t need to be “saved”, it needs to be EXORCISED!

As fans of the “face of snowboarding” appear to consist largely of idiots who evidently know nothing about snowboarding and even worse, don’t want to know, I long for the day Shaun White disappears completely from snowboarding’s radar.

The sooner snowboarding goes back to what it was like in the mid-nineties, the better.

I find it amusing that Torah has bigger ‘balls’ than he does.. She is the defending champion in the womens pipe.. And she didn’t chicken out of slope style.  (or boarder cross)..

I’d be annoyed if I was the guy who missed out on a place in the slope style because of white, and then to find out he wasted that space and didn’t compete when you would have..  (they should make him fund some one to take his place!)

h0z - 06 February 2014 10:15 PM

I’d be annoyed if I was the guy who missed out on a place in the slope style because of white, and then to find out he wasted that space and didn’t compete when you would have..  (they should make him fund some one to take his place!)

This is what really upsets me!

they should make him fund some one to take his place!

Sell a few more target scooters, job done!

What they should do is disqualify him from the pipe!!!!!

Injury should be the only reason for droppin out of a competition!!!!!

Very unsportsmanlike!!!!!  thumbsdown

I agree with every post here so far
It pisses me of to no end that when talking to common folk and referring to snowboarding they think Shaun white rage

Dylan you will be pleased to know that when Dad called me cause he had heard some “guy who is supposed to be pretty famous” was in Perisher and training at a private pipe he had no idea who he was!

My mum last night said “oh Shaun White has pulled out”. Sorry mum for copping a rant about it haha

LOL @ both ^

I find it amusing that Torah has bigger ‘balls’ than he does.. She is the defending champion in the womens pipe.. And she didn’t chicken out of slope style.  (or boarder cross)..

THIS! This was my first thought when I heard he pulled out!
It just makes me even more proud of her and all of our team doing it for next to nothing money wise.
TORAH TORAH TORAH!!!

I don’t think he wasted the space though. I heard (don’t quote me on this) the new 2 slopestyle riders Are Sage and Chas Guildemond. Which makes me happy since Chas has been working on slopestyle comps for so long and rarely gets credit.
I guess it does screw over the guy who could have been the substitute. Now they don’t have one.

Should get Hansu Wieth to sub in!

Andy Aitken - 07 February 2014 09:25 AM

THIS! This was my first thought when I heard he pulled out!
It just makes me even more proud of her and all of our team doing it for next to nothing money wise.
TORAH TORAH TORAH!!!

I don’t think he wasted the space though. I heard (don’t quote me on this) the new 2 slopestyle riders Are Sage and Chas Guildemond. Which makes me happy since Chas has been working on slopestyle comps for so long and rarely gets credit.
I guess it does screw over the guy who could have been the substitute. Now they don’t have one.

Yeah I thought there were sub’s… But again kept my mouth shut lol.

trentradpants - 07 February 2014 09:40 AM

Should get Hansu Wieth to sub in!

Hahahaaa!!!!!

Andy Aitken - 07 February 2014 09:25 AM

I don’t think he wasted the space though. I heard (don’t quote me on this) the new 2 slopestyle riders Are Sage and Chas Guildemond.

He most definitely “wasted the space”. I’m pretty sure Sage and Chas both qualified for their Sochi spots before The Flying Tampon did. Brandon Davis was the most likely substitute, had that narcissistic sh!tstain at least shown the common decency to announce earlier that he intended to run away with his tail between his legs.

The majority of messages in support for his deplorable selfishness on his Facebook page appear to come from braindead morons who know almost nothing about snowboarding - lots of ‘soccer moms’ etc. It makes me sick. If this is what snowboarding has become, I don’t want a part of it!

chucky - 07 February 2014 10:56 AM

The majority of messages in support for his deplorable selfishness on his Facebook page appear to come from braindead morons who know almost nothing about snowboarding - lots of ‘soccer moms’ etc. It makes me sick. If this is what snowboarding has become, I don’t want a part of it!

All well and good to say that you dont want to be a part of it, but in my opinion, if all is takes is other peoples view of the sport for you to want to get out, maybe you should.
I’ll continue to snowboard no matter what, because it’s what I love doing

Exactly Dylan.. I dont care who snowboards and who doesn’t (it does help I have a fairly large group of friends who also like it) but I snowboard because I enjoy it.. Not because some one else does it..