The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Nuts or no nuts?

Just read this article about the call to blanket ban nuts and nut products in schools after a little girl with anaphylaxis had a reaction on her first day of school after playing with a child who had been in contact with nuts.

Now that there are a few snowboarder babies out there, what are your views on this?

Allergic reaction sparks debate

For a second there, I thought Azz was in trouble!!!!!  gulp

I am so torn!

Seems it is crazy that there is a blanket ban but also - shit what is there supposed to be a separate school for kids with allergies??

But in regards to the article!!!!!

If we banned all things that cause allergic reactions, the only thing kids could take to school is gluten free water crackers!!!!!

Parents have to teach their kids to be aware of what they’re eatin if they have this allergy?????

Hahaha i thought you were going to ask whether you should cut off an Alpaca’s manhood.

Mizu Kuma - 06 February 2014 01:17 PM

Parents have to teach their kids to be aware of what they’re eatin if they have this allergy?????

Read again what happened!

The kid didn’t eat anything….

Yeah, I read it after, but I’ll still stand by what I said!!!!!

What if one kid eats peanut butter for breakfast, then plays with another kid?????

Educate the kid that has the allergy!!!!! Tell her to wash her hands thoroughly after playing with other kids, toys, pencils etc!!!!!

DARWIN’S THEORY

That is all smile

LOL Harsh!!!!!

Azz - 06 February 2014 01:27 PM

DARWIN’S THEORY

That is all smile

Yep ^ thumbsup

But in all seriousness, it would only happen that way with kids with severe case. Its about time we stop this kind of crap, accommodating to and changing our pefectly fine ways and practices to suit others.
If your kid has severe nut allergies it’s not up to you to say no other kid can be in contact with nuts, you find some way to deal with it without affecting others!
If you come to this country to live, you assimilate with our way of life, you dont go damanding we change to suit your beliefs or comforts.
I am absolutely sick and f**king tired of this kind of shit and its one of the main reasons i cant wait to get the f**k out of this country,!!!

Going to Pakistan?

DylanV - 06 February 2014 01:44 PM
Azz - 06 February 2014 01:27 PM

DARWIN’S THEORY

That is all smile

Yep ^ thumbsup

But in all seriousness, it would only happen that way with kids with severe case. Its about time we stop this kind of crap, accommodating to and changing our pefectly fine ways and practices to suit others.
If your kid has severe nut allergies it’s not up to you to say no other kid can be in contact with nuts, you find some way to deal with it without affecting others!
If you come to this country to live, you assimilate with our way of life, you dont go damanding we change to suit your beliefs or comforts.
I am absolutely sick and f**king tired of this kind of shit and its one of the main reasons i cant wait to get the f**k out of this country,!!!

People are dumb. We have created a society with rules for every thing and people think you need some rule to make common sense decisions for them. Poor little bugger blew up like an alien.

Mizu Kuma - 06 February 2014 01:24 PM

What if one kid eats peanut butter for breakfast, then plays with another kid?????

exactly! What happens outside school like a shopping centres or friends houses or when they get a job in the future? People with nut allergies are always going to find themselves in places where there are nuts. Better they learn to manage it at a young age.

air180 - 06 February 2014 02:14 PM
Mizu Kuma - 06 February 2014 01:24 PM

exactly! What happens outside school like a shopping centres or friends houses or when they get a job in the future? People with nut allergies are always going to find themselves in places where there are nuts. Better they learn to manage it at a young age.

thumbsup

If humanity and its predecessors were always this way of accommodating to others comfort, none of us would be here, the whole race would be extict!!!

this kind of thing drives me nuts