The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics - Official Chat Thread

Hahahaha

hahahah

I wonder how many millions Target spends on advertising with The Washington Post?

In reaction to complaints regarding the sub-par Sochi halfpipe, there’s been talk about potentially erecting weatherproof canopies over the next one to ensure integrity and consistency. If they go ahead with it, the 2018 Olympic halfpipe final will be totally in tents!!!

LOL

Well, its happened to AFL
Im still shocked that a winter sport like AFL they close the bloody roof!

long face

Up bright and early watching the aerials. Been up many early mornings watching this sport way before Aussies won medals. Always wanted to go to bulla to watch the world cup.

Gosh its a fascinating sport so brutal in the eliminations!

Quals
2 jumps. Both count. Points get added together. Seriously I want to go back an add up the slopestyle points cause man the results would be different. (Whilst I certain respect that it is very different sports)

But the finals are pretty brutal too. 12 competitors, 1 jump only 8 get a second jump.

Then ONLY 4 get to jump a 3rd and final time.

THEN to complicate it more each time you jump you MUST increase your difficulty AND you can’t do the same jump twice. And you have to nominate your jump ahead of time so no changing your mind in the air!

and lydia has made it to the final 4!!!!

Bronze for Lydia

But F#%K YEAH woman for doing a quad at the Olympics!!!!!!!

And Allissa, so awesome and enthusiastic as a commentator.

So happy for Alla Tsuper even before we knew the result as she had competited against her.

Ladies SBX started, first competitor DNF, massive crash.
Belle Brockoff number 19
Torah number 22
24 in field top 12 straight through to heats, other 12 get a 2nd run at qualifying

How weird was that crash?

I laughed at first red face

but I would be surprised if she had “blown” her knee.

typically presentation is searing pain then nothing!

Massive course though!

Fark!

Thats not funny!

Get a bloody neck brace on her!

I don’t care that she is talking!