The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics - Official Chat Thread

‎Anyone else find it interesting how some events are quals, semi’s and finals in one day and others have overnight to recover?

Ie Snowboardering Slopestyle had overnight between first quals and the finals.

Ski Slopestyle does not. Only 3 hours between quals and finals.

But Snowboarding Half pipe tonight is all happening in one day in sochi!

Biggest advantage I see is Scotty (for example) had a chance to recover and refocus for his second heat. 

The halfpipe riders do not have that luxury!‎

(this is not a ski vs snowboard argument… just happen slopestyle became that) ‎

Didn’t the guys have semis/finals on the same day in slopestyle?????

Here is the video of torahs stack.  Apparently she is alright!! Hopefully they fix the pipe,  and hopefully it hasn’t shaken torah too much!!

http://m.foxsports.com.au/other-sports/torah-bright-suffers-training-crash-before-brother-goes-on-tirade-slamming-sochi-course/story-e6frf61c-1226822918387

Mizu Kuma - 11 February 2014 03:56 PM

Didn’t the guys have semis/finals on the same day in slopestyle?????

Isn’t that what I said?

Guys and girls had quals on one day.

2nd Quals (not really semi’s as no one eliminated) and then finals all in one day.

Watching ski slope…. Can I ask what natural and un-natural spin means? Is this a ‘cool’ way of saying left or right?

And a japan grab? Looks nothing like a japan grab….. A bit more creativity with your lame ski terms please!

In other news aussie skier (from that other forum) has a team together for commentating on his website.

http://aussieskier.com/starthut/

Jarryd Williams is commentating the Half Pipe.

Not sure feed they are watching. the still commentate when an ad is on OneHD.

And there seems to be a delay with the tenplay app…

Anna Segal is the bomb! And so super excited to see her tonight that I balied on going to Manly.

So many wicked stacks already in the Womens Slopestyle!

Banger - 11 February 2014 05:30 PM

Watching ski slope…. Can I ask what natural and un-natural spin means? Is this a ‘cool’ way of saying left or right?

And a japan grab? Looks nothing like a japan grab….. A bit more creativity with your lame ski terms please!

HA!

Ski Slopestyle brings you out of hiding!!!

Too true, mate! All kinds of pathetic.

Woulda thought that un-natural spin is just cause they’re doin it on skis?????

natural, is your preferred way of spinning, and un-natural your non-preferred, Kind of like natural or goofy, in a way, because any skier can ride switch.Does that make any sense?

NO “skier can ride switch”.

Firstly, they don’t “Ride”, they “ski” - and"switch” is when your right foot is where your left foot should be (and obviously vice versa), but ‘stanced’ as if riding forward. Skiers skiing backwards do NOT ski as if skiing forwards, because (to simplify things) their toes are facing in the opposite direction.

Not trying to be a hater, but man watching the skiers try slopestyle is horrible. There is no style involved. Looks slopy and boring.

chucky - 11 February 2014 06:01 PM

NO “skier can ride switch”.

Firstly, they don’t “Ride”, they “ski” - and"switch” is when your right foot is where your left foot should be (and obviously vice versa), but ‘stanced’ as if riding forward. Skiers skiing backwards do NOT ski as if skiing forwards, because (to simplify things) their toes are facing in the opposite direction.

teacherboy whatever.

You think it looks good? LOL never mind Tambo!

Look I’ll be watching and cheering for Anna, but I jut think it looks so awkward