The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Countdown to your next ride!

Yeah went last week and now its gonna be prob over a year (northern hemisphere 10/11 season) before I get to hit up the slopes again :( way too long to wait…. quite depressing

Dan83 - 19 September 2009 06:24 PM

Yeah went last week and now its gonna be prob over a year (northern hemisphere 10/11 season) before I get to hit up the slopes again :( way too long to wait…. quite depressing

mmm that feeling is horrible :\

Sometimes there will be gaps in your riding. As we grow up and gain more responsibilities, so few of us will actually work in the industry full time, in a capacity that will let us ride a whole lot. I had about 3 seasons back to back where I rode less than 10 days. and one season was only 3 days. Those things will happen. I was glad to get back on track with riding last season, but still only had maybe 25 days. But seriously 25 days is many more than the average rider, which is 2 or 3 days a season. There was a couple years that I got over 50, I think I got 70 days once. It was nice. It made me the rider I am today… but I know it may never happen again, but who knows. I am thankful for the Snowflex Centre an hour away, that will give me more days spread through the year rather than just during the snowy months, which can only be from Dec to the end of Feb sometimes. We have a short season, because I am in the southern states area…

The next time I get to ride?
I dont have it planned yet. I know it will be at the Liberty Snowflex Centre. and it is likely I will buy the Skate banana just before I go.
I was planning on taking a few older boards there next time and trying them out. stifer boards and longer boards than I had been riding, just to see how they interact with the plastic surface. If I buy a new board before going, I may not do that, ya know. I’d be too excited about the new board.

My guess is that in the next 2 weeks I will get back up there.