The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

PowderPak Parks Opening - Indoor Snowboarding (VIC)

It is exactly as rider26 has said.

You get to hit the same feature in sucession again and again and again.

You’re in a fortunate position if you are at a park you can hike up and down to features quickly
then you are lucky as!

The other thing is you learn to committ to your line and not deviate because you
don’t have a choice.. You committ or you wait for the next line.

I know personally if I spend and hour non stop on the hill I would be just as sweaty if not more
from wearing all of my outwear.

As far as your body, it works you harder as far as if you land it can be more
painful but this just pushes you to visulise and committ harder straight away.
It’s alot softer on your ankle flexion - you guys might not have this problem (I am
about to get new stiffer boots). But I find myself in serious amounts of pain after consecutive
days of riding hitting my reg toe side.

The terrain is more consistant so you can get a feel where you have gone wrong or gone right and attempt the same trick within seconds.

You learn to keep a flat base and land straighter every run.

Good for training then?

spaz - 08 October 2013 05:48 PM

Good for training then?

Absolutely. You have rails, boxes. corrie pipes, rainbow etc etc and a mini ramp to skate now too.

In one session I have gone from barely being able to 50 a box. By the end I could front board to fakie, 50 all the boxes to fakie, swivel (those 180 things so fun!)
Front 1’, Indie grab, method, tail grab etc.

Crazy how much you can progress and gain true “feel” and board control.

shaka

the picture looks like its tiny, i would love to have one of these close to home but it still needs to be 2 or 3 times bigger to actually be fun in my opinion… i would rather skate then be put in a shoebox like that haha

So the weather in Melb. has been balls this week, so it seems like a good time to check this out. I’m going to head down for the first time tomorrow night, what are the chances of seeing anyone else from BW there? ollie