The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

FYVE x BOARDWORLD Graphic Design Contest 2013

This is the promo poster. How sick is this!?!?

Please tell all your designer friends. Please like and share through our Facebook page! shaka

this is awesome, i ll be watching this space!

Awesome!!!!!

Going to drag my crayons out for this!!!

Wow, top 3 are custom artworks!

And a people choice (does that mean forum members? I.E. poll in forums, must have 100 posts to vote) or (Facebook likes - which is a “who has the most friends” competition)

Great comp! What an epic prize pack!

Can’t wait to see more details.  cool smile

TJswish - 24 May 2013 03:51 PM

And a people choice (does that mean forum members? I.E. poll in forums, must have 100 posts to vote) or (Facebook likes - which is a “who has the most friends” competition)

It will most likely be through a 3rd party voting application on Facebook.

That is an epic prize pool!!!

rider26 - 24 May 2013 04:04 PM

:(. I was hoping that a people’s choice could actually be people who matter and not some random person with 5000 facebook friends.

Or even a top 5/10 likes on Facebook get put into the BW forum poll which gets voted on…

Then it’s got a bit more weight towards members but still anyone can win.

TJswish - 24 May 2013 04:19 PM
rider26 - 24 May 2013 04:04 PM

:(. I was hoping that a people’s choice could actually be people who matter and not some random person with 5000 facebook friends.

Or even a top 5/10 likes on Facebook get put into the BW forum poll which gets voted on…

Then it’s got a bit more weight towards members but still anyone can win.

It’s no different from some one on BW getting all the homies to vote for them. Really needs to be voted via people you don’t know. Put it on the census form and let Australia decide.

I agree with that. I just find that facebook votes are such a popularity contest and doesn’t help BW or Fyve at all.

At least giving members the opportunity to vote gives something back to the community here (and it’s the smallest of the 3 prizes as well.)

Any sort of fan favourite vote is always a form of popularity contest, no matter which platform we use. This contest is going to be huge, so we need to keep it 100% legit (legally), and to be honest, having a Facebook vote through a proper voting app has it’s benefits to BW and FYVE as well.

THIS

COMP

IS

GOOD

i wish i could be creative long face

have fyve released dates for the 2014 jap camp yet?

Dylan, they will be announcing the dates on Friday.

rider26 - 27 May 2013 11:20 AM

Dylan, they will be announcing the dates on Friday.

Any discussions about deals for BW members?

Haven’t spoken about it but I will discuss it with them this week.