The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Google StreetView Game

TJswish - 17 May 2013 08:27 PM

Less good that time:

>>Click here<<

Got home from work today and give aother challenge…
You won again, my big mistake at 5th guess I selected in US and correct was in Sweden Damn!

Challenge game finished!
You lost the challenge with 10458 points against 12643

ozgirl - 18 May 2013 09:10 AM
deanobruce - 18 May 2013 09:06 AM

Its geoGUESSER not geoGOOGLE kim wink

Meh,

I don’t care - the place i found this were googling! So I just googled.

On the first challenge i put up I only googled for 2 or 3 of them.

The one TJ just shared was a dirt road in the middle of no where with no cars so you could even tell which country you were in from what side of the road you were on.

You needed to go up the road for a while and you see the Aussie street signs. I got a bit lucky being so close (could have easily been in another state!)

Ok time for me to throw the gauntlet down! I spent wayyyyyy too much time on this. What a frustrating game I’d worked out location 2 pretty quickly but scrolled and scrolled on the map and couldn’t find it! :(

Come at me!
drc13 geoguessr challenge

Oh FFS!!!

Thats was terrible for me!

And the place in africa that you got right. I HAVE BEEN THERE!

I got the country right though. but your guess was super close.

ozgirl - 18 May 2013 09:18 PM

Oh FFS!!!

Thats was terrible for me!

And the place in africa that you got right. I HAVE BEEN THERE!

I got the country right though. but your guess was super close.

haha what did you score?

Wish I could see your guesses!

Going to try your text in white trick just in case someone else takes on the challenge.

Highlight if you want to read how my trip around the world went.

I spent ages walking around and got really lucky and spotted a bunch of clues which basically spelt out where I was.

The South Africa one I eventually found a road sign with the km to the next town. I kept walking and found a sign facing the other way which gave me another town so I was able to narrow it down to a pretty specific area.

For the Brazil one I wandered around the town (looked like a scary place!) and found a Brazilian churasco place with it’s suburb listed, found another place which also had sao francisco written on it. I then spent about an hour scanning brazil on the little map trying to find it and eventually gave up when I found francisco (not the same place) was pretty annoyed when I ended up so far away.

For the America one, I really had absolutely no idea other than it was in the country, I couldn’t find a single point of reference after walking down the road for ages so took a wild guess. How close did you get?

For the Australian one. I wasn’t sure for a while then saw a Ford Falcon and went ahh must be Australia. Eventually arrived in town and found the Auspost and a cooba pedy sign. Embarrassingly I didn’t know what state it was in. Fortunately I saw the newsagent with a SA lotteries sign out the front.

The Botswana one was pretty quick. I read all the airport signs then went walking. I found an airport on the map but it looked too big. Finally found a sign that mentioned Maun went back to the map scrolled around found the town and was able to zoom in all the way to the cafe! smile

Grrr grey post but should still be hard enough to read?

Damn sorry - i should have shared my results link!! 8000 ish was my score dismal!

Sounds link you spent a lot of time “moving around” I get bored with that pretty quickly!

The south africa one I got Port Elizabeth. I shoudl have looked for a second location sign!

For Brazil I guessed Mexico! So that srewed my results.

For the american one I got pretty close actually.

SA I knew where roughly where it was and didn’t even zoom in that far on the map. That was laziness. I should have zoomed in and got a better score!

Botswanna was laziness too. I knew the country pretty quick but figured it woudl be the middle of now where so just randomly clikced in the country. I think I was fed up by this point.

ozgirl - 19 May 2013 09:16 AM

Damn sorry - i should have shared my results link!! 8000 ish was my score dismal!

Sounds link you spent a lot of time “moving around” I get bored with that pretty quickly!

Hah no worries. Yeah the problem was I did well on the first guess so then felt I had to put effort into the rest of the picks. I’d much prefer something like a time bank option where you get 10mins to work with. I’d be much more inclined to play more games of it.