The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

In other news

Channel Ten have bought the right to the Sochi games. (there were concerns it would not be on FTA at all)

http://www.afr.com/p/business/marketing_media/ten_network_scores_winter_olympics_4cGGe21HxX5C78nB4PIAUK

Seriously nobody cares??

for shame

It will be crap coverage.

We will be taking advantage of the Pay TV free connection, six months half price blah blah blah to watch it, like we do every four years shaka

In other (not so interesting) news, the Bro in law will be doing the slow mo cam for the half pipe smile

^^^ this is genius!

But last time you had to pay the extra $50 for the coverage? Am I remebering correctly?

Good news indeed. It’s pretty criminal the way foxtel just buys out everything.

Great coverage if you have it, screwed if you don’t.

I’ll be in Canada then anyway. May have to head to a sports bar or something. Hopefully they have some kind of coverage on normal tv too.

That’s cool about you’re brother in law Azz.

We are about to get rid of pay tv, might revisit it when this rolls around. The free to air coverage normally sucks and you don’t get to see enough.

I don’t think we had to pay more, it was just part of the deal we signed up on.

Blizz, they are awesome at doing deals when you want to leave, play them and you will get it at half price or something.

Was the sign up advert to do with the Olympics??

(all this could be moot since I am still hoping to be there in person!)

Yeah, it was an Olympic promo to get you to sign up.