The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Top Gear Korea Heli crash!

FAR OUT big surprise

I think they blew their budget on that shoot gulp

That was nuts. Lucky he wasn’t seriously injured or killed.

Lucky?

Of course any crash you survive is “lucky” but helicopters are pretty safe (despite what intuitively we think). Unless the fuel tank is prone to explode because of none safety standards being adhered to.
Safer to crash a heli than a car!

You prepared to give it a go, Spaz??  LOL  LOL

Yes please! would love to fly a heli - it’s been my dream since a very young age.

I’ve crashed my RC heli many times wink

I went up in a Blackhawk many years ago at Richmond AFB. Was very cool!!

I’d love to go back up in a heli. Have thought about booking a flight a few times but never done it. For some reason I’ve always imagined them being reasonably easy to control.  question

I got an RC heli for xmas a few years ago. Crashed it and broke it within the first hour. It would have to be the only one on the market that you can’t get spare parts for…  rage

I just make parts fit mine. That’s what the hobby is about.
The other day I bought a RC Glider for $50, going to strip the radio gear from the heli for it.

Got some footage from my mates glider on monday that I need to edit.

Heli’s are not easy to fly!!!

Funny enough I watched this Saturday morning…..And had my first helicopter lesson in a Robinson R22 in the afternoon smile

Yes helicopters are awesome my instructor said I had natural talent….probably all the video games I’ve played. smile

Its amazing how small the movements on the controls are to fly.