The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Federal Election 2013

cords - 15 August 2013 10:39 PM

importantly though, its not new steel. Its old steel….and she isn’t driving any consumer forces through using something that someone else is no longer using. The damage has already been done with that steel..

I reckon there’d be a billion people on this planet that would dream of being able to acquire, then build the same!!!!!

Should they go without, if new was the only way that they could?????

cords - 15 August 2013 10:49 PM

hence the move miz, by a whole bunch of people to re-use things instead of buying new stuff and be driving those exact consumer forces that you are speaking of.

To live simply in an old caravan instead of building a mcmansion & filling it with junk,...to build a wagon out of an old trailer and live in that instead, and try and grow your own food.

People that can rely solely on self sustainability are a rare breed these days!!!!!

Like I keep sayin, it’s just not in our Human Nature to go without!!!!!

ozgirl - 15 August 2013 10:47 PM

Wont somebody fix the quoting!!! teacherboy

You can blame beachn for that!!!!! LOL

Or Tony Abbott!!!!!

You know you want to!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 15 August 2013 10:57 PM

Or Tony Abbott!!!!!

haha nah, i’ll cop that sweet. have no fkn idea how to use the quoting system effectively. clearly smirk

beachndogs - 15 August 2013 11:01 PM
Mizu Kuma - 15 August 2013 10:57 PM

Or Tony Abbott!!!!!

haha nah, i’ll cop that sweet. have no fkn idea how to use the quoting system effectively. clearly smirk

If there’s been a few quotes, just make sure ya scroll all the way to the last /quote field, or it’ll go to the shitter very quick!!!!! Hahahaa!!!!!

I saw it go off the rails, but didn’t bother to fix it as I knew what both of us had said!!!!! LOL

haha duly noted Miz LOL
for the record thou, I am a straight up IT noob and will prob fk it up again, fair warning!!

I can live with it!!!!!

It’s just ozzy that it irks!!!!!

So do it deliberately whenever ya feel the need!!!!! LOL

Mizu Kuma - 15 August 2013 11:11 PM

I can live with it!!!!!

haha have already apologised to Oz and she also tried to explain the quoting thingy. it may or may not have gone straight over my head smirk plus since i have invited myself down to visit with oz one of these days, ima play nice or she might not make me cake wink

beachndogs - 15 August 2013 11:17 PM

I can live with it!!!!!

haha have already apologised to Oz and she also tried to explain the quoting thingy. it may or may not have gone straight over my head smirk plus since i have invited myself down to visit with oz one of these days, ima play nice or she might not make me cake wink

I know Oz!!!!!

She’ll still make ya cake no matter what!!!!!  cheese

Mizu Kuma - 15 August 2013 11:24 PM
beachndogs - 15 August 2013 11:17 PM

I can live with it!!!!!

I know Oz!!!!!

She’ll still make ya cake no matter what!!!!!  cheese

excellent. this makes me happy. b!tches love cake LOL

LOL

Maybe all new homes built should have the roof covered in solar panels, sure we use resources to make the panels, but then we can stop burning coal to supply power. You would think in the long run that it would work out better for us?

While we are building those homes, insulate them properly, like they do in much of the Northern hemisphere. Wire the homes to suit the power we actually use. Most appliances have transformers bring the power down to a low voltage DC current, so 240ac is not really that necessary. All lighting can be LED…... I can go on.

With these few things implemented, we would;

create jobs making the new tech and installing, replacing, fixing etc
remove a major polluter, but employ the staff in new tech jobs.
stimulate the economy with the new business activity.

What we need is all the parties to get their heads together and stop trash talking about each other and work on making a better place for us to live in, now and the future.

All of the pollies are there because they were voted in, they must of come across as good people to a majority (I would like to think) for them to be there. Lets get these minds working together rather than against…..... half the battle solved smile

and save me some cake to please drool

Azz - 16 August 2013 07:21 AM

Maybe all new homes built should have the roof covered in solar panels, sure we use resources to make the panels, but then we can stop burning coal to supply power. You would think in the long run that it would work out better for us?

While we are building those homes, insulate them properly, like they do in much of the Northern hemisphere. Wire the homes to suit the power we actually use. Most appliances have transformers bring the power down to a low voltage DC current, so 240ac is not really that necessary. All lighting can be LED…... I can go on.

With these few things implemented, we would;

create jobs making the new tech and installing, replacing, fixing etc
remove a major polluter, but employ the staff in new tech jobs.
stimulate the economy with the new business activity.

What we need is all the parties to get their heads together and stop trash talking about each other and work on making a better place for us to live in, now and the future.

All of the pollies are there because they were voted in, they must of come across as good people to a majority (I would like to think) for them to be there. Lets get these minds working together rather than against…..... half the battle solved smile

I am totally diggin what you’re saying Azz. On all points!!
That deserves a little cake for sure LOL

Cake for everyone!!!