The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Rocker v Camber (and mixes thereof)

I find that as long as the binding holds my foot tight I get used to the relative softness or stiffness. So whether I ride co2’s, cartels, malavitas or union forces, or even 10 year old missions, it’s all good

cabletieperformance - 24 March 2011 07:33 AM

burton will be selling 2011 and some 2012 stuff this season

This is correct. Stores will mostly have 2011 product with very limited 2012 product.

If you are getting a Burton board with the channel, I would start by looking at something like the Cartel ESTs. If you want a binding which you could potentially put on non-Burton boards, you could go for regular Cartels. Personally I really like the channel/EST system and would recommend you go for the ESTs. You might find the Missions too soft and you might find the C02s stiff - just my guess. The Cartels are great mid-range bindings. Malavitas are also worth looking at.

I tried this year’s Cartel ESTs found the highback too tall for me and too much forward lean, calves got tired real quick. But I’ve seen pictures of 2012 Cartel, and they seem to have a true 0 forward lean and also different highback.

I think Burton like putting a bit of forward lean on their bindings at the 0 setting. I still crank my cartels a bit.

skip11 - 24 March 2011 09:42 PM

I tried this year’s Cartel ESTs found the highback too tall for me and too much forward lean, calves got tired real quick. But I’ve seen pictures of 2012 Cartel, and they seem to have a true 0 forward lean and also different highback.

have you tried smaller highbacks?
It’s a bit strange that you get tired quickly at 0 forward lean.

I’m using 2010 Rome Targas with 2 notches of forward lean (feels totally good) and it feels less lean than Cartel EST at 0 forward lean.

lol. I guess Burton needs to get their angles straight.