The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Ticket Price, What would you prefer?

Poll: Which ticket price and associated conditions would you prefer?
Total Votes: 16
$200 a day and the smaller crowds that would entail
Same as now
$50 a day and the mega crowd influx
I don’t think ticket prices influence crowds

Ok I know that most if not all of us think that the ticket prices here are a bit of a rip off.  Having said that the place still gets pretty damn crowded from time to time.  Bearing in mind that I reckon ticket prices do come into play with the crowd factor, what would you prefer, more expensive less crowds or cheaper and more crowds all other things being equal?  Discuss.

I do not think the conditions here are worth $200 a day to snowboard. I reckon you would still get pretty large crowds in Oz if lift tix hit that price point (as per my vote)

I’ll take cheaper passes at any cost. At least once I’m up the mountain I can beat the crowds through a variety of ways (hiking the park, going backcountry, building a booter, poaching the lift line (naughty) etc…). wink

It makes little difference to me.
I’m the luckiest sob in oz, I can pretty much do what I want when it comes to mountain access via lifts, only skipatrol have more access. And I get my pass cheaper as well. - I don’t abuse my privilege.

But if I were paying and sliding as a punter and to be fair to this poll it wouldn’t change crowds much in oz. $200 would have to guarantee epic snow as well.

definitely cheaper passes because it means I could afford to go more often & the tactics mentioned by rider26 could come into play. Me & my mates have been riding the $20 park pass at selwyn this season & it means an all-inclusive weekend trip to the snow costs less than JUST 2 days lift tix at perisher or thredbo. Its been heaps of fun & we’ll definitely be back more this year and again next year (they’ve got some kind of sweet hookup with Endeavour snowboards for new features next year & a longer run).  So in other words - cheaper passes = more snowboarding for me!

I’ve got a perisher card this year so w/e trips have become considerably more affordable with the deals they have at the station and the reduced ticket prices… It’s hard justifying the money they ask for full price tickets up there so the slight discount off the perisher card makes a nice saving. Even if they were to go up in price I don’t think it would affect crowds all that much to be honest. Personally I think they need to have ticket prices based upon number of lifts/terrain open etc especially when you’ve had a season like this one where there was such a poor start with very limited terrain open.

Lift ques suck in australia but I just expect it now and usually try to stay away from the main areas which always get congested and only go there if I have to. I was over at blue cow on the ridge and summit chairs the other week and we were pretty much getting straight onto the chair each time we went down, just luck of the draw.

Keep it the way it is just dont go in school holidays thats where the crowds come from and the shit time skiers that get in the WAY!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry but its true…......

Yeah thats an extremely valid point, school holidays makes for some of the worst lift ques and on mountain experiences from what I’ve seen.