The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What to do with my gear

A recent move to Perth means i don’t have much use for my snowboarding gear i purchased leading up to this season. Everything has NEVER bean used and is all 2009 gear purchased from Switch in Newcastle. My question is, should i be selling it now while it is still worth something? or should i keep it even though i won’t be using it for a few years at least.
I have rome bindings, 32 boots, burton goretex gloves, special blend pants and foursquare jacket. As i said it is all brand new and never been used last seasons gear.

Just not sure if i would get much money for it all.

Any suggestions?

i may have a mate whos just starting out and might be keen on some of the gear, send me an email with some pics and some prices n ill see wot he thinks
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

danblar i’ve emailed you with some info.

mizu, no not going overseas at all other than to Europe next summer possibly as i’m so amazingly broke. I figured if i was to sell the gear now i’d get more than if i sold it in a years time or something like that, or will it hold its value if it’s never used?

sweet bro

longtimedead - 01 August 2010 12:09 PM

danblar i’ve emailed you with some info.

mizu, no not going overseas at all other than to Europe next summer possibly as i’m so amazingly broke. I figured if i was to sell the gear now i’d get more than if i sold it in a years time or something like that, or will it hold its value if it’s never used?

It will be worth more now then in a few years. After 4-5 years though, it will hold its value but it will be considerably lower (unless of course you lie a little and sell on ebay.)

haha that sucks man!! why the move to perth??

Rick0889 - 01 August 2010 12:35 PM

haha that sucks man!! why the move to perth??

seemed like a good idea at the time