The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Yes Basic 155cm

Anyone ridden this?

Found this board used for 8 days on craigslist. It’s a 155 and he’s selling it for only $250. Maybe I should buy this instead of a gore-tex jacket hmmmm….... what to do what to do.

A few members tested the Basic at The Shred. While I didn’t ride the Basic, I’m a big fan of the YES CamRock.

Do you like C2 or CamRock more Jeremy?

Personally, CamRock. But I put that down to riding style. Overall I prefer riding cambered boards and the CamRock profile feels more like a cambered board to me (same goes for the Signal Omni I tested). I like the power and stability of camber between my feet. Both hybrid camber profiles have their merits though.

I’m not really comparing CamRock to C2, just comparing the basic camber profile. I’m actually working on an article comparing all the different camber profiles.

If it has the camrock it should ride identically to the typo as the typo is essentially a Basic with camrock as I’m lead to believe which is why they took the typo out of this years range as the basic now has camrock. Maybe Amine could clarify this?

$250 seems like a pretty good deal - rrp in canada is around $400+hst from memory.

Heres a link to my review of my typo which I rode last season in Whistler - https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/1480/#79593

Ya it’s really a good deal. I don’t need another board but this one is so tempting and I really want to try a YES board.

Is the Basic essentially the same as Typo Amine?

i am in love with my typo. get the thing

That was the board that I was on when my humerus detached from the rest of my skeleton!!!!!  shut eye

I was havin fun on it until that happened!!!!!

While only havin tested it in the spring slush, I liked the cam-rock better than the C2 in only that short time that I rode it, and I would have loved to have ridden it on hard pack, to see how it went there!!!!!

I am seriously considerin gettin one myself, as I have on-sold my T-Rice already!!!!!!

Get it skip, ya wont be disappointed!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 07 October 2011 03:59 AM

That was the board that I was on when my humerus detached from the rest of my skeleton!!!!!  shut eye

snake  LOL

rider26 - 07 October 2011 04:02 AM
Mizu Kuma - 07 October 2011 03:59 AM

snake  LOL

It wasn’t that humerus!!!!!!  hmmm

You’re killing me…  LOL

@mizu: Haha I demoed a Rossi One Magtek before which has basically the same camrock profile as the YES and liked it. You can’t really catch an edge on that thing, nice for spinning on the ground and pressing. But for carving and ollie, I like C2 better. Maybe because of the camber I can load it for ollies and push through the tail at the end of a carve for a nice spring (dunno if it’s the right technique). What does on-sold mean? You sold your T.Rice already?

Yeah mate, snowdragon bought it off me at the Shred!!!!!

rider26 - 07 October 2011 02:26 AM

A few members tested the Basic at The Shred. While I didn’t ride the Basic, I’m a big fan of the YES CamRock.

I instantly felt comfortable riding the Yes Basic 155 for a day. I then spent the next day on a LibTech TRS 157 - and while it’s also a great board, I’ll take ‘Camrock’ or ‘Flat Kick’ over ‘C2’ or ‘Flying V’ any day of the week.

wow, surprised to see so many people preferring camrock to c2. Is it because it doesn’t have a bump in between the feet? or do the tips have more kick?
I’ve ridden c2 and flying v but not camrock…but I have a 59 GDOH that I’m trying to sell. I’d ride it for sure but I can’t stand the Lennon graphic LOL

Gamblor - 07 October 2011 09:00 AM

. . . I can’t stand the Lennon graphic

Yeah, he totally lost my respect when he hooked up with Yoko.