The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New contests, promos, and prizes for winter 2010

I will update this thread as more contests are announced.

There will be many more (including skate specific), but so far the following contests have been confirmed…

Annual Photography Contest - This year we will be giving away two major prizes. One prize is for Photo of the Season. The other prize is for Photographer of the Season.

There will definitely be more prizes added, but confirmed prizes thus far are:

Photo of the Season: 2010 Burton snowboard and bindings of the winners choice, a set of Dragon goggles, and a set of Siege Audio headphones (http://www.siegeaudio.com).

Photographer of the Season: Burton Wheelie Deck, Burton Gig bag, Burton Zoom Pack (specific photographers backpack for all your camera equipment and lenses), a set of Dragon goggles, and a set of Siege Audio headphones (http://www.siegeaudio.com).

Monthly Forum Prizes - Each month (for the months of June, July, August, and September), we will be giving away prizes in the following categories:

Most entertaining member
Most helpful member
Most helpful post (individual post)
Best topic starter
Member of the month

Sticker Contest - It’s simple… place a Boardworld sticker in the best location (without breaking the law), and you will win a prize pack. Details to come.

100+ posts T-shirt - Any member who reaches 100 posts will be sent a Boardworld T-shirt.

If you have any ideas for other contests or promotions, please let us know. We have heaps of prizes to give away, including a huge prize pack just for the girls!

It all sounds very exciting!!! Can’t wait for the season to start. Great work in planning and implementing all these comps with awesome prizes!

wow. just to double check, the season means the southern hemisphere season right?

Amazing prizes !!!!
Keep up the good work.

Gamblor - 23 April 2010 09:44 AM

wow. just to double check, the season means the southern hemisphere season right?

Yeah this is all for the upcoming SoHe season. I will be putting a lot more together for next NoHe season too.

Gamblor, where are you from?

I’m a Canuck living in Japan.

Still, amazing prizes!

cant believe its almost winter time in aus again, CRAZY!!

Gamblor - 23 April 2010 12:13 PM

I’m a Canuck living in Japan.

Still, amazing prizes!

You will still be eligible for all the prizes. Just not the photography contest, because they need to be photos from the upcoming SoHe season.

FYI there are so many more prizes we are giving away. We are just working out the details of the contests and promos to give them away.

Nice one rider26! looking forward to it all smile

that’s awesome rider!! some great comps and prizes

SUPER SWEET!!!!! It is going to be a sick sick sick season down here!  I know these killer prize packs are going to bring out some amazing photos, and push the rider to the limit.

Great job on getting some sweet sponsors cant wait to see what else you come up with!!!

Can’t wait for the season to start.

i look foreward to seeing everyones photos

might have to buy a better camera now haha

Rick0889 - 27 April 2010 06:10 PM

might have to buy a better camera now haha

Cameras only capture what you see, no need for anything to fancy… Heck 5-8 years ago 2megapixels was amazing.  So get out and take some pics and enter some sick contests