The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Steve Jobs Passes Away - RIP :(

Sad news…  downer

Apple founder and CEO Steve Jobs has passed away, the company has announced.

“Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being,” Apple said in a statement posted on their website.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/technology/8356273/apple-founder-steve-jobs-dead

http://www.apple.com/

http://www.apple.com/stevejobs/

Very sad news, was shocked when I just saw it on the Canberra Times website!

Shocked! Aw that’s sad news. RIP

I feel like I’ve lost a part of my soul.

I didn’t know he had cancer. It’s scary knowing that anyone can die at any given second, it just makes you want to appreciate life even more.

I saw it on FB but thought it was a hoax. Super shocking and still quite young.
what a loss

Very young!

It makes me wonder if having such a huge job and not really stepping down (hands up who thinks he really stopped thing about work when he took time off) had anything to do with him not being about to fight it??

I would say he would be someone that had a great life, he seemed to be truly into and excited but what he did, there aren’t too many ppl lucky enough to do that and make as much money as he did so he was very fortunate in that regard.  Still 55 is very short in this day and age, will be interesting to see how Apple moves forward after this, RIP Steve Jobs.

A Brilliant Mind taken too soon!!!!!

RIP Steve Jobs!!!!!

As Obama says it : ?“The world has lost a visionary. And there may be no greater tribute to Steve’s success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented.” - President Obama
And i did to found out via my iPod Touch

This speech and almost anything he did inspired me!

Rest.In.Peace.

*Steve Jobs*

Sad news downer  RIP

slightly confused by people being sad about this?

Someone died and people are sad…. what is confusing?

No matter who the person is - it is sad that anyone dies of cancer (find a cure already!)

I don’t understand the flower shrines (donate the money instead!) building up in front of the sydney (and surely other apple stores)

It’s MUCH, MUCH MORE than that.

More than any other human being in recent memory, Steve Jobs has had a MASSIVE impact on the way we ALL live in modern society. Mac or Windows, iOS or Android - it’s irrelevant, because without Steve Jobs, NONE of it would be the same.

Remember all the wreaths etc. when Princess Diana died? By comparison - if contribution to society is a barometer for the magnitude of public tribute, Steve’s would cover entire cities.

I do agree, however, that donations to cancer research would be a much better idea.

Don’t forget, he also started Pixar Studios. Imagine a world without Woody, Buzz, Nemo, WALL*E, and the rest of many kids’ favourite childhood ‘friends’.  downer

I guess its a little sad, everyone dies though and he had a pretty good life, I didnt know him so , not that sad . The story on the news that ran after about the 4 year old kid that died after being hit by a train was 100 times sadder , that kid could have achieved the same or greater but wont ever get the chance.