The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

danho - 20 September 2011 10:39 AM

Boots would have been the last thing I would have rated on the priority list but you have changed my mind.

I hopefully will get to ballistyx this weekend and check it out.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Any snow left in Victoria anyone?

A little bit at falls/hotham and buller.. or city snow park; if you’re into park ollie check the cams on all the resort websites, it’s still rideable imo.

Hot ham looks better than Mudbo does on the webcams yet they are shutting up shop this weekend

Boots would have been the last thing I would have rated on the priority list but you have changed my mind.

No wukkas mate!!!!!

While a new board is a pretty cool thing to buy, not only will ya feet love the right pair of boots, but ya snowboarding progression will also!!!!!

And again, DON’T buy on looks or brand (still keep to well known brands though), but buy on fit with the help of the sales staff and the crew here on Boardworld!!!!!

Let us all know how ya go, danho!!!!!  shaka

Any snow left in Victoria anyone?

Boots are the most important piece of equipment to get right. Spare no expense in getting the best fitting pair of boots for your foot shape. They will last you longer, and you will be much happier and more comfortable on the mountain. Also look at getting a pair of after-market set footbeds (custom moulded if possible).

Let us know how it all goes. smile

Whats all your thoughts on a YES the basic board?

Been looking and reading some reviews on that board.

Highly recommended. Excellent board to learn and progress on. Very versatile. You can’t go wrong with it.

Awesome. Anyone know where I can get one?

I know a lot of stores sold out of the Basic this season (it’s a popular board). Although I did see a couple on the Ballistyx website. They have a 155 and a 157 available.

http://ballistyx.com.au/index.php?action=productcatalogue&brand_id=151