The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Burton AK 2L Cyclic Question

How’s the fit on the 2012 Enn? I heard they change the fit a bit for this year, makin it a bit smaller?. Wondering if M or L is better if it’s a smaller fit.

redjames - 28 September 2011 11:34 AM

Just another jacket to throw in the mix. I have this, it doesnt have a front zipper which I like as it eliminates water getting thru.

same as the one in the pic. got it for $170 goretex is da bomb

zippers have been waterproof for a while

skip11 - 28 September 2011 04:38 AM

I really want this one since last year. [link removed, added photo - rider26] but it’s only available in L. The only one I can find on the net.

I have that jacket, didn’t get a chance to ride in it though, seeing as I left for the UK just as the season was starting. Hopefully being goretex it will breathe, cause I am sick of saturating jackets from the inside out.

Gamblor - 28 September 2011 11:33 PM
redjames - 28 September 2011 11:34 AM

Just another jacket to throw in the mix. I have this, it doesnt have a front zipper which I like as it eliminates water getting thru.

same as the one in the pic. got it for $170 goretex is da bomb

zippers have been waterproof for a while

yeah i spose they are, but no zipper is better for protecting against snow/water than a riri zip or similar . . . or is that statement not true? You are so smart after all Gamblor??

well, I speak from experience when I say I’ve never had a zipper leak on me. As for RiRi zippers, I wore the jussi jacket (the year before yours) for 2.5 seasons and a cyclic for 1/2 a season and never had a leak.

So I guess I am that smart after all tongue laugh

Sell it to me CJ!!! what size do you have?

I’m feeling this one too. If I can’t find the T.Rice jacket prolly gonna go for this one or the true black one. Afterburn seems too bright after seeing it again.

Ha ha too funny skip. I only just got it so not to sure on that. Beside the fact I am now in the UK.

skip11 - 30 September 2011 02:03 AM

what a terrible photo! That jacket is too small for the model. As soon as he puts his arms up his wrists and stomach are going to show. teacherboy

skip11 - 28 September 2011 04:16 PM

How’s the fit on the 2012 Enn? I heard they change the fit a bit for this year, makin it a bit smaller?. Wondering if M or L is better if it’s a smaller fit.

What are your stats? I’m 5’5” and about 65kg. The large feels good everywhere around the torso but is a tad long, which I can deal with:

5’5” 69-70 kg (153lbs). Should go with a large then, hopefully it’s not as long as a quiksilver jacket. Probably gonna go with the black one.

It’s longer, but not “skier-dress” long. Might look a bit weird with slim fit pants but a normal pants in medium or large will be fine. Here’s another shot of me in it:

Sweet, looks like it’s not as long as a Quik jacket in L. Where is that btw?

The Canyons, Utah. I’m moving there in 3 weeks! Got my season passes (plural) all lined up already!

Ok so I went to the shop today and tried on the Cyclic. Did not like it at all. I don’t like the material, seems “stiff”, the Stagger is much better. Also, the zipper sucks, it gets stuck a lot. Sizing wise, the L fits perfect for me. Ended up buying POW Sultan GoreTex glove, a new helmet, and an AirHole balaclava (this one is sooo comfyyy). So now, I’m not sure I’ll be buying a new jacket haha.