The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

what did you do today???

Can you actually fire that cannon? My husbands dad has a cannon smaller than that (it looks laughably small) but when you pack it with gunpowder and fire it, its so FKN loud! I’ve seen people laugh at the size of it and then nearly hit the ground when it goes off. So fun!

I spent the day unpacking stuff at our new house and making it feel homey and then the arvo with my sister-in-law and my niece and nephew who just got back from their first trip to Indo.

Haha MU

Cords, yeah they apparently fired it whilst we were racing, they wanted to check if it worked. There was a working bee at the sailing club yesterday and i think they found it and decided to give it to second place as a random thing. The Yacht’s name will get engraved on it. It will probably stay at the club.

MoonUnit - 02 October 2011 03:31 AM

Damn I was going to ask Oz if she had balls!

MU

MU, you are elected as the Boardworld representative to find out, AKA Crocodile Dundee style…....... “Just Checking Mate!!!!!”  LOL

Azz - 02 October 2011 05:39 AM
MoonUnit - 02 October 2011 03:31 AM

Damn I was going to ask Oz if she had balls!

MU

MU, you are elected as the Boardworld representative to find out, AKA Crocodile Dundee style…....... “Just Checking Mate!!!!!”  LOL

I would except last time I raced Oz down Squatters I’m sad to say she won, so I guess that answers the question. Who’s the Daddy! LOL

MU

And i was on a board!!!!

Hahaha - don’t be so hard on yourself MU i didn’t know it was was race and i think i just had pure determination. That was the run I decided I was getting down the whole thing without stopping or falling!!! And I did!!

Group Photo

When I used to partake of the odd twilight sailing (I was ballast) - I’m pretty sure they used a cannon to start or finish the races.

I assume most clubs would have working cannons.

Hmmm not anymore Spaz.

Everyone was stunned when the wheeled it out.