The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Anyone making a last ditch effort for a board in Aus…

oz I saw it snow in Jindabyne this year grin

I drove along the Monaro Hwy this arvo and did not see a single car packed for the snow heading south so I hope it is quiet for you guys!!! Plenty of pics of the pow kiddies!!!

MoonUnit - 30 September 2011 06:03 AM

Right that’s it! I’m packing the car tonight and heading down around 6:00 am. That snow looks pretty serious. I’m thinking I might even have to grab some snow chains for the Territory. I’ll be sure to take lots of photos you people can live vicariously through my adventures.

MU

Probably a good idea on the chains, a landcruiser was on it’s side down the bank just past Dainers gap, not sure what chaos that caused for the traffic this morning but we were there by 745 even with our broken chain repair down time.

Oooh bugger. It’s a AWD, and you can only fit chains to the rear wheels, but if it’s that hairy I don’t want to end up in a ditch or worse. I might have to pick-up some chains in Jindy.

MU

Right that’s it! I’m packing the car tonight and heading down around 6:00 am. That snow looks pretty serious. I’m thinking I might even have to grab some snow chains for the Territory. I’ll be sure to take lots of photos you people can live vicariously through my adventures.

MU

Have fun mate. Hope you get some powder.

Dan83 - 30 September 2011 08:37 AM

MU

Have fun mate. Hope you get some powder.

Thanks Dan, I am so amped to ride some powder!! I reckon it’s fair to say we don’t see to much of it in this country.

NS SL 158 on the roof - check
Boots and gear in the back - check
Full tank - check

Yeehar…Perisher here I come! ollie

I just couldn’t justify it - not for those lift pass prices.

Good snow in the morning, really good up around Mt P off the chair and T bars there, visibility was a problem till you got a bit lower then you could hammer some nice lines, snowed till about 11 on and off.  Sun came out just after lunch and made it really really slow, couldn’t be bothered and as weird as it sounds I’m a little keen to watch the AFL final so we bailed.  As we left a big front came in and started to snow again, had a fair bit of wind with it as well though so we might have made a good move.

One of my concerns was that it may have turned out to be a bit of a “should’ve been here yesterday” type situation? No? You’re still glad you made the effort and it was worth the cost?

Na very glad we came, better here then sitting on the couch

Good to hear. Besides, you’re there for three days, right?

Falls tomorrow!

Yeah we r here till monday, doesn’t seem like a bad decision seeing as another 7cms has fallen since 3:30pm the servo, hopefully it falls harder all night for more fresh tracks!

Enjoy it guys! We are def feeling the cold in Canberra coming straight off the mountains. And we have football training tomorrow morning at 10, angry

Shame Perisher won’t open up Blue Cow just for even half a day. I was probably the last to hit Kamikaze this season, and knowing what was there then, combined with the falls they’ve just had, it’d be going off!

We contemplated riding through pretty valley yesterday but after the sun came out the now backcountry runs got pretty sticky.