The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New Editor for AU/NZ Snowboarder magazine?

Could it be you? They’re looking. . .

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Snowboarder Magazine Editor :: Media & Publishing

Posted: 29/9/2011
Type of Position: Fixed Term Contract

Morrison Media is a leading Gold Coast-based publisher of consumer titles, mostly in the action sports category. We are looking for a young connected snowboarder to manage and deliver editorial content across multiple media channels for Snowboarder magazine.

If you have the passion, contacts and editorial experience to co ordinate and deliver content for a 132 paged magazine, a website and an iPad app, for the 2012 Australian snow season, then this dream job could be yours.

The candidate does not necessarily have to be based at our Gold Coast head office.

To be successful in this role you will be required to:
Plan, assign, and when required, produce content for all media channels of this title.
Manage an editorial budget.
Liase and manage contributors
Maintain excellent relationships with advertisers and readers
Work with production, sales, marketing and design teams.
Report to the Board Sports Publisher.

We are looking for a candidate with the following skills and experience:
A serious passion for Snowboarding.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Prior experience in an editorial role in print or online.
Ability to work to and control individual KPIs.
Dynamic self starter to thrive in a highly autonomous role.
How to apply:
1. Download and complete the online application form. Attach the Application Form with your email to us. Please re-save the document using your name as the document name.
2. Include a brief CV (prefer written references if available)
3. Email the above as attachments with a letter of introduction to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). Please put ‘Snowboarder editor’ in the Subject Line

Applications Close: Please submit applications immediately. Applications will close: 17/10/2011.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Are you applying Chucky?

Thought about it. I could easily do the job, and I’ve had the prior experience, but they want someone “young”.

Why don’t you apply, spaz?

Aw they want someone young. Geez I had the other criteria so nailed! Maybe we could job share??

MU

Cool mate! So you’ve worked in the media?

chucky - 30 September 2011 10:05 AM

Cool mate! So you’ve worked in the media?

Uni bum, life drawing model, barman, house DJ, public servant…

...if any of those qualify that’s a big YES!!

MU

...Seriously though yes I’ve done all those other jobs, but now I calculate funding impacts of Govt policy and do some financial modeling and crack the odd algorithm in my spare time. I also did sports journalism and law at uni and could definitely give it a poke if it weren’t for the (snowboarding well-connected) requirement, but hey that’s what we have Jeremy for!!

MU

Hehe, I love a long and varied résumé, especially when there’s “life drawing model” in there! wink

Me - Uni bum, nightclub promotions/entertainment, fashion, photojournalism, kite flyer (no kidding!), rock star, roadie/lighting technician, follow-spot operation, advertising/marketing, copywriting, artistic/creative direction, journalism, magazine production and publishing, photo manipulation/retouching, and graphic design throughout it all - and that’s only the fun stuff!

Still, I’ve never got my kit off in a room full of pretentious art students - well, not for a job anyway. smile