The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Japan 2011 / 2012

Mizu Kuma - 26 September 2011 05:24 AM

My next trip to Japan will def include More of Tokyo, with time in Kyoto, Hakuba and back to Niseko and Rusutsu for sure!!!!!

Yep sounds like an awesome plan! I really want to go to Rusutsu. I think we will be doing a day trip from Niseko.

Grrr I always post an epic reply that is the last post on a page…. go back one page people!!

Hahaha thanks kids!!! Yup I’ve been to niseko before, just looking at something different… To be honest it’s a last minute thing so I haven’t got much saved - that’s why I’m thinking hakuba not niseko!! Will only be there for 7 days, maybe stay in Tokyo for a couple…. If I thought about it earlier I would have gone to both, but all good!! Echoland I’m guessing is the place to stay for a billy like me…. wink thanks guys!

Echoland is the place where its at. Quiet place, but if you want fun its there to be found. We stayed at the Mt Hakuba Backpackers and it has a lil bar/lounge which is awesome and gets plenty of people poping in for cheap meals and happy hours and there is one of the main bars next door. Hit it up Billy

what bar is next door K2?

I think its 902. same name/owners as the board shop in echoland. Whole wall with stacked vinal records iun there

lol. that’s right in party land alright. I stay at the Hakuba Powder Lodge which is more of a cheap family/ski bum lodge. It’s close to happo. I also stay at Lodge Tabi-tabi which is at the base of Goryu

I stayed at High Mount Hotel at the base of Happo. It’s run by a very hospitable family and they looked after us very well. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a place to stay in Hakuba, especially if you want to mainly ride Happo (pretty much ride-in, ride-out).

how much was that place a night Rider?

To go to Japan or Canada… So difficult.

I wish I could do both. Sadly I’m not really sure I can do either. I’m so not looking forward to asking my boss if I can get some purchase leave happening after I managed to squeeze over a year leave without pay not even 6 months ago hahaha!

Pretty sure I’ll be in Hakuba from 13-21 Jan - if it all goes according to plan

Is any one goign say from 26th january i am going there for hopefully 2 weeks thinking week in hakuba nad week in niseko if wife allows that long lol .....

Can anyone tell me any good placec ride in ride out at niseko please ...

Gamblor - 28 September 2011 09:59 AM

how much was that place a night Rider?

I think about $100 AUD a night if I remember correctly. I was staying in the room with my cousin, two single beds. Included breakfast, free internet, and shuttle buses whenever needed.

ah, the places I stay at are around 4000yen/night. no meals. limited shuttles. Every place in Hakuba should have free internet (not sure if they do though)

that’s where I stayed Rider. (you missed my epic post :-( ) I thought you might of cause I recognised the house next door in one of your photos. But thought i might have been imagining it.

It was good. Highly recommend it. Except not close to bars and stuff. That’s the negative.