The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

what board would you get from 2012 range

Hey boys and girls

i am so ex-static today for my bday i got a massive surprise to go to japan this season got a gift voucher from flight cetre, what i wanted to ask you all is for 2012 range what all around board would you recommend, i am around 182cm and 75Kg and usually i just like to go park/shreding the mountain,

Hey lanox!

We’ve had a few threads like this lately, go back into the Equipment and Products menu and have a look though some like this one:

https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/3317/

They might help you out.

Rider will probably jump onto this thread any moment, and let you know what he recommends. He’s great at finding boards, fixed me up with one not two weeks ago!

hey Yoshi, yeah i have read that i just havent really had a chance to do some research on the 2012 models, rider common man u slacking off here i though by now u would of had 10 reply to this thread smile

Capita Totally Fk’n Awesome

Hey Lanox
What kind of board camber do u like to ride?
Camber, Rocker or hybrid (and if hybrid, what kind of hybrid)
I’ll look into a board for you when I know what you prefer ollie

Andy Aitken - 25 September 2011 03:27 AM

Hey Lanox

Hi Andy

Thanks heaps mate for this,

hrm i think i prefer Rocker as i like to do park riding as well as powder shredding, but i am open for suggestion and change. i am not an expert in snowboarding as i have came from skiing, i have been snowboarding for around 3 years now and probably going to snow every season about 3 to 4 times for about 5 days each time.

my boot size is 10
i am 181 or 182Cm tall
75Kg

Thanks

just get a custom flying v or camber humps (the restricted version). it’s a board that can handle everything. capita totally fkn awesome is too stiff

Lib Tech T.Rice :D

yeah libtech looks nice i was looking at the endeavor boards as well, but still haven’t decided

What about an Arbor Westmark or Blacklist?

lanox - 25 September 2011 03:43 AM
Andy Aitken - 25 September 2011 03:27 AM

Hey Lanox

Hi Andy

Thanks heaps mate for this,

hrm i think i prefer Rocker as i like to do park riding as well as powder shredding, but i am open for suggestion and change. i am not an expert in snowboarding as i have came from skiing, i have been snowboarding for around 3 years now and probably going to snow every season about 3 to 4 times for about 5 days each time.

my boot size is 10
i am 181 or 182Cm tall
75Kg

Thanks

Cool, well if Rocker is your favorite then first off I’ll give u the same recommendation that I give everyone.
Rockers are sick (and the most versatile board in my opinion, even more than hybrids) however they are washy. Meaning not as good for carving, holding a carve on setup turns for spins or landing spins without reverting.
So make sure you buy a rocker with some form of edge technology to counter this as much as possible.

Some brands I can recommend are Lib Tech, Gnu, Arbor & Burton to a lesser degree. And I’m sure there are other brands out there doing the same.

I would think that you’ll want a board between 154 & 158 (or close to it) and make sure you check with your board store that you are the right weight for the board. If you ride lots of park then try and get a true twin or twin shape board as well for switch and spin tricks. Also with size 10 boots in most cases you will need about a mid-wide board (always check the width against your boots).

If u want a few specific boards then I would say the Arbor Draft for street or the Westmark for park and both will rip powder and both come in sizes to fit your height and feet. Also the always popular Lib Tech skate Banana and the Gnu Park Pickle are a safe choice for performance and just really fun boards.

And there’s plenty of others out there.
Just remember Rocker + Edge tech of some sort + Correct board for your weight, height and boots = Mad fun in the park/pow

Let me know what you choose bro shaka

I’ve been hearing good things about Endeavor B.O.D as well (flat with lifted contact points). Their team riders seem to be stoked on it. Maybe also check out Gnu Danny Kass, mid flex with C2?

Hi Andy, thanks for your reply i will have a read as well and see what i go with , also thanks to everyone for they recommendations.i am going to have to do bit more research and see how i go .

but if anyone has any more ideas or suggestions please post them up here or board models/links.

another question if i was goign to get any of those boards suggested in the posts can i get them through boardworld ???

Have you checked out the Chemical Storm board?

Rider and Finney swear by it in powder and I plan on taking mine to Japan. - https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/2669/

Rocker with a soft flex that apparently carves up the powder.

TJswish - 25 September 2011 11:54 PM

Have you checked out the Chemical Storm board?

Rider and Finney swear by it in powder and I plan on taking mine to Japan. - https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/2669/

Rocker with a soft flex that apparently carves up the powder.

TJ i will take a look at it thanks, when are you goign to japan and where ? i am off to jap this season as well for 10 days

Haha, sorry lanox. We had a busy weekend. wink

Anyway, before I really get into it, have you read my review on the Chemical Storm Octorocker? It is an amazing powder and park board; honestly one of the best boards I have ever ridden. It’s pretty much got a full rocker profile (very slight camber under your feet), lively bamboo core, true twin shape, and a super fast base. finney also tested it over in Whistler and a few members tested it at The Shred. The 155 would be perfect and I’m sure Jeff would give you a super deal on one if you’re interested (we can organise it for you, no problems). Not trying to push this onto you, but trust me it’s worth considering. Link to my review here (finney’s review is in there also).

Cheers TJ, for already mentioning it. smile