The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

~ OPINIONS ON THE SHREDIT ~

I have been siftin through the footage from fatima’s and my GoPro’s, and have whittled it down to 1 1/2 hours of footage so far!!!!!

Do we really wanna see that much footage loaded onto the www, or will I just burn copies of that for all, and then make a smaller one to post up on here????

Pro’s/Con’s, your opinions are needed!!!!!

Cheers,

Mr M Kuma

Whatever is easier for you!! Either way, I can’t wait to see it!!!!!!!!!

Loading that much video to the net is near impossible (using vimeo desktop uploader makes it possible) - do a highlights package or break it into sections that are being talked about on the forums. Under 1min clips. wink

My thought was to make a feature dvd and charge what it cost for materials (about $10-$15 each)
- Printed DVD
- Tin display case
- slideshow with everyones photo’s
- chapter markers

^this way a feature length movie is more doable and watchable.

I’m happy to do the editing work but will need to collect the video footage. Photo’s I can grab from fb.
Having it culled down to 1½hrs is what I prefer all my customers to do (but most don’t put in the effort). I’d be stoked to have your input through the editing process Mizu, it always makes it easier. Your editing skill is very good and I know we can work together on it.

This would be more Shred worthy and not so much an Ullr crew perspective.
It’s up to you….
thoughts?

I’ve virtually done the edit, but I just wanted peoples opinion on wether or not they would watch 1 1/2 hours on Vimeo, or rather get a DVD of it!!!!!

That way I can make a cleaner/shorted cut of it for Vimeo!!!!!

I might have Warren and eddie comin up tomoz to see it first hand, so that will help me greatly!!!!

There is quite a lot of the Ullr Crew cause we filmed every day from Monday-Saturday!!!!!

I like your thinking Mizu, Send out dvd’s to everyone that would be sick and easy mate.
Fatima is going to do one from the Ullr boys and put it up there….....

Spaz why don’t you do one as well From your’s??? Would be good to see what you put together compaired to Mizu’s?
And you don’t like Gopro’s from what i’ve heard….... lol

After my first NZ trip, I made an edit that was 90 mins, I think even my family got bored with that.  I re did it to 40 mins and my mates were still pretty bored.  This year I did it into one song about 4mins long, seems to be far more digestable for ppl who werent there to sit through.  The biggest single factor would be who is your intended audience?  Obviously if its for ppl who were there the 90min version would be fine!

I rekon do a highlight edit for online and mail the full one out to who wants it. I want one smile I’ll throw some $ if need to cover any costs

^^^ What he said grin

Yea, what K2 said.. ill chip in as well

Yeah, thanks for pretty much confirmin what I was thinkin, guys n gals!!!!!

A DVD and a short edit will be the way to go!!!!!

You got the short edit covered Osman???? Or is that just a short one of the Ullr Crew????

I think it was gunna be one of the Ullr boys Dev

Sweet, after I burn the DVD, I’ll make a short one for Vimeo then!!!!!  shaka

shaka

15-20 mins tops for Internet viewing… As much as I loved riding with you guys, I think we had 20 people filmed. Get 1 min tops of each person and mix it all in there for internet. I struggle to sit through 10 minutes of my mate’s videos of holiday / trips I wasn’t at, and more than 30 minutes, it’s going to be quite repetitive… I know I didn’t throw more than 3 or 4 different tricks.

If a DVD is made, I’ll order one and watch it but on the net, I won’t be able to get people to watch us for that long lol.

Seems everyone is set.

I offered because I have a few tricks/experience to make a long video entertaining for all and feel that mixing all the footage would make a better overall package than just my footage alone.
Don’t be put off by my vids you may have seen online (they are thrown together with little thought and very quickly).

All in all it’s cool to have individuals edit their own footage. This way I wont spend too much time on my edit and I can concentrate on paid work anyway (and get busy on surf content for BW-(don’t write me off yet jez). I can always lift other’s edits (with permission granted) and use footage in mine if I feel it’s warranted.

Yes please for a shred DVD cheese

I’m more than happy to chip in for costs, personally thinking such a dvd would be priceless! Will keep my eye on this thread and will send you my address when its needed!