The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

BOARDWORLD SHRED 2011 - The Official Thread

sounds like you all had a tops time - sorry to have missed it! Hopefully next year!

sounds like you all had a tops time - sorry to have missed it! Hopefully next year!

just make it earlier in the season - like in August!!!!!!!  wink

I reckon July, before peak season prices kick in.

blizzard_22 - 19 September 2011 12:25 AM

July is peak season.

I think dates are perfect… all of the soccer / netball / other sports seasons are over, you get spring prices / accommodations aren’t filled so we can get good deals and most years (not really including this year) there is still a nice amount of snow on the ground.

June / Early July can sometimes be no snow which would be much worse than spring slush… at least we got to ride merrits and do some park laps for the week. Also the warmer temperatures make chilling and drinking beer much more fun.

Next year i am going defiantly already signed agreement with my wife at least 5 visits to snow next season, this season i got screwed over with sunny honeymoon.

TJswish - 19 September 2011 01:17 AM
blizzard_22 - 19 September 2011 12:25 AM

July is peak season.

I think dates are perfect… all of the soccer / netball / other sports seasons are over, you get spring prices / accommodations aren’t filled so we can get good deals and most years (not really including this year) there is still a nice amount of snow on the ground.

June / Early July can sometimes be no snow which would be much worse than spring slush… at least we got to ride merrits and do some park laps for the week. Also the warmer temperatures make chilling and drinking beer much more fun.

I agree with this. Even with all the snow early in the season this year a lot of features and the Pipe at Perisher were not built/open until after August. Sept is def the way to go.

Fair call, typical Gridiron has to be different and Sept is in our season!!!

Super Keen for BW Shred 2012!

Thanks to the organising and participation of all involved in the Inaugural Shred, which was Rad to the power of Sick x10

blizzard_22 - 19 September 2011 02:21 AM

Yea… sucks… You’ll just have to leave the camera for someone else to take photos that week raspberry

Parkway Josh - 19 September 2011 02:27 AM

Super Keen for BW Shred 2012!

Thanks to the organising and participation of all involved in the Inaugural Shred, which was Rad to the power of Sick x10

TJswish - 19 September 2011 02:40 AM
blizzard_22 - 19 September 2011 02:21 AM

Yea… sucks… You’ll just have to leave the camera for someone else to take photos that week raspberry

Yep and that Dark won’t be playing that week. He has already agreed that we will be at the shred for the whole time next year! Or as much as we can afford!

In early talks, we are looking at the first week of late season ‘shoulder period’. Probably the first week in September. Of course this is open to discussion but this is why we think it’s a good call.

Prices drop considerably in September, meaning it’s more affordable and more people will be able to come.

It’s going to be at Perisher so the cover will be better than we had at Thredbo. Even so, this was some of the patchiest conditions I have seen in early/mid Sep. First week in September at Perisher, there won’t be any issues.

The terrain parks are well established.

The weather is awesome. Sunny days and drinking beer!

What do you guys think?

Long service leave here I come!