The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

BOARDWORLD SHRED 2011 - The Official Thread

Man he was goin fast!

holy sh1t that looks bad

That has to hurt!

Who was that? That didn’t look good :o

That was K2.

It wasn’t good
but….

He gritted his teeth and strummed his guitar into the wee hours for the shred singalong. A great effort (true to BW form) because he has a broken rib (if he breathes too deep could puncture a lung broken) and respectable black eye, bruised diaphragm and back.

I’m sure he’ll be dosed up on pain killers for a few days.

Hey Crew, Yep Im in a world of pain, but like rider said when he awarded me last night with the ‘Go Hard or Go Home’. And I AINT GOIN HOME YET! LOL lookin forward to actually be able to have a drink tonight.

Thanks to everyone who helped me on the scene and looked after me. And everyone who took photos and video, makes it worth it haha! and cheers to the ski patrol and med centre people.

Still glad Im alive, but still ready to party hard rocker

No stopping you hey mate !!!!

Glad your doing OK, you looked sketchy yesterday man.

So hectic! Massive overshoot! Glad you’re ok, K2!

Exactly what I would do ... PARTY !!!  :DD

Azz - 16 September 2011 11:55 AM

Talk about missing the money shot AZZ!

K2 you are a nutter!....Glad you are relatively ok! an icey day and you would be in trouble!can you please walk us through the whole thing some time?  I imagine it to go something like this : first time hitting the jump ’ must not hit knoll, must make landing, dont turn dont turn, straight straight, keep speed…....holy shit i shouldve turned’...

Hahaha crackers, but he landed it perfectly earlier in the day!! Just too quick! wink

Sorry Crackers, you know when you know something bad is happening and all you are thinking about is getting over to help?

I could hear him land, but couldn’t see from where I was and the crunch was sickening sick
I am really surprised at how well K2 has pulled up. Hats off to him, he one hell of a tough bugger michelle  rocker

crap guys take it easy will ya.

I wonder if Mizu’s shoulder will stop him hitting the ! key so much.

A few pics from our rocking fun days at the Shred…......

As we made the dash from Mexico across the border on a back track, the signs looked good

the Boarder to skier ratio was looking good for a snowboard party at Shredbo

We then ate and drunk, pulled faces and looked weird and we went snowboarding….............

then the Ski Patrol turned up (for the first time)

Some of the crew came to say see ya later when we were leaving…..