The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

WHAT DO YA STICK YA HOOFS INTO????

Good god! Those Northwave boots are ancient. I had a similar set once ...about 5 pairs of boots ago! Could be time for an upgrade dude!

I have the Vans Matlock, in the Blue/Gum color.

These are the first boots I’ve bought myself, after (+/-)5 years of hiring equipment.
The Matlock locking system is by far the best I’ve ever used and the boots really sit well.
The red dot on the bottom is an extra shock absorbing thingy and as far as I can tell it works well cause I can’t remember feeling shocks.

So overall Best boots (I) ever (had)  LOL

powrider1 - 15 September 2011 02:09 PM

Good god! Those Northwave boots are ancient. I had a similar set once ...about 5 pairs of boots ago! Could be time for an upgrade dude!

Yeah they were getting on a bit - very comfortable though!  I wish I had my very first pair of boots to show you.  They were some Sorel Mt McKinley (or something like that) from about 1993.  Basically a standard Sorel boot with a ski boot inner stuffed into it!  I did end up getting a new pair a couple of weeks ago (Nitro Team TLS):