The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Housing in Breckenridge

Hi! I’m planning a trip to Breckenridge with 3 friends this winter. Does anyone here know about some good and cheap places to stay? All the booking companies are so expensive, it’s like 4000$ ++ for a month with one or two bedrooms, so it would have been great if someone here had some good reccomendations for us.

HÃ¥kon L’orange

Welcome to Boardworld mate!
I haven’t been back in years, maybe check if these are still a go:
https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/2408/#74552

Welcome to Boardworld, HL. smile

My friend and I rented a room in a house when we did a season in Breckenridge. I think we were only paying about $450 a month. It was quite comfortable too. That said, it’s always harder to rent when you’re only going for a month. It might be worthwhile checking local Summit Country publications online in the classifieds section. You might find something much cheaper.

http://www.summitdaily.com/

Thanks for good reccomendations guys. I’ll keep looking wink

It’s not clear if you’re planning on spending the season in Breck, or if you’re going for a shorter trip.

For a short trip, you might also look at lodging at the motels along I-70 (Dillon, Silverthorne, Frisco), there are plenty of values there, especially during the week. Being in Breck is generally expensive, you may also look at the towns south of Breck such as Alma and Fairplay and Blue River. They are getting a bit of the spillover from Breck, and may be somewhat cheaper. There are also a couple of hostels, but it’s not exactly great for an extended stay.

I’m assuming that you will buy the Epic Pass or similar, which will save you a lot of money for the Vail Resorts.

Enjoy your trip, with any amount of luck, I should be nearby this winter.

Worldtripper has a very good point.

But (and I have never been to Breckenridge so don’t know about the transport cost) something to think about is that is you rent out of town and therefore need a car, the weekly car rental may be more expensive than the closer accom.

Regarding transport: Summit Co. is well-covered by public transit by U.S. standards, from what I gather it is not too difficult to get around the various resorts and from town to town. A car is most convenient, but with a little planning, public transit will do fine.

Blue River / Fairplay / Alma are more difficult by public transit, and the mountain pass (Hoosier Pass) to Breck is perma-icy.

worldtripper - 15 September 2011 01:43 PM

Regarding transport: Summit Co. is well-covered by public transit by U.S. standards, from what I gather it is not too difficult to get around the various resorts and from town to town.

Definately not difficult, the worst part is the bus stops at EVERY stop which can make it take a while, depending on which stretch you are travelling