The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

BOARDWORLD SHRED 2011 - The Official Thread

It was a wicked day yesterday, been going through the video - will try to get some online today.

Met up with Dan and josh on Sponars, caught up with the others soon after.

The Natives hosted a “anything but clothes party” at Ullr, Kudos to Tj for being the only other BWM to pull-up and make it out for drinks the second night of the shred, extra kudos for wearing only a pillow case and a boardworld sticker across his chest (I believe one of the native girls tore it off him leaving a red welt stretching from nipple to nipple) big surprise

Soon after Ullr Pride had dinner - they were tucked up in bed.
I tried to temp them to partake of some local entertainment by delivering drinks to their table naked, in only a waiters apron.
shame Ullr Pride-SHAME

I believe everyone had a recovery nap after lunch yesterday.
After lunch I went for a lap to see who would be out for a arvo windblown pow session - I felt low on energy after a few runs and retired for the day to find the native birthday boy had broken his shoulder in 2 places. Bad news for me since it’s the same guy who covers Shifty Ninja(lisa) for days off work and snowboard breaks. She looked great last night wearing a dress made from Chuck Wipes - designed by spaz.
I’m sure when I find my camera vids an photo’s will emerge, in the coming days fb is bound to reveal more than I remember.

Chucky gets a point (extra points when photo evidence show up) for dropping into Stanleys Gorge yesterday. He deserves more for the great job of cleaning our place while hungover yesterday.

Scoreboard
Shred Shed - 15
Ullr Pride - 5
River Inn - 5
Natives - 2

Tj representing the Shed is dominating by having the roughest ride to the snow, done two nights billy gone partying without any clothes + shred
River Inn for the holding the loot.
Ullr Pride are only getting points by having the biggest numbers and doing enough drinking on the first night to cover two nights worth.

Nominate anyone for points…

The proof - that’s the Merritts/Cruiser area in the distance on the left.

spaz - 12 September 2011 11:19 PM

. . . She looked great last night wearing a dress made from Chuck Wipes . . .

?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh, you mean those dishwashing thingys.

Hahaha…. sounds like a lot of nappin’ is going on boys! Wake up!!! billy

They are soft huh Billy, get up there and show em how it’s done!

Oh and why is there no photos of the emu yet?!

Leaving work in 20…. Shall see you all at the Shred

Hey everyone!

Having an awesome time down here at the Shred! Am loving ALL of the demos, tried out the Burton Feel Good Flying V today! Looking forward to meeting all Boardworld peoples… and having a few drinks as well!

Tonight I’m having dinner at the RiverInn (yet another going away party) Will be drinking after with the BWM while going through video.

Had my first perusal of the Shred demo range today. One word - AWESOME!

Thanks so much to all who’ve supplied boards, bindings, and other assorted goodies for the Shred. There was quite a bit of interest from people who were curious to know what was going on, and I can see Boardworld’s member numbers swelling because of this. I can easily see the Boardworld Shred becoming huge in future years!

Thats so good to here that the Shred is bringing awareness to Boardworld!

Such an awesome day up there today. Dan drove us to Jindy in the morning to pick up the remaining demo boards and bindings. Late start but it turned out to be such a fun day - best of my short season for sure! We had the whole crew (minus spaz MIA), cruising around all day, having a great time in the sun. We rode till last lift to make up for the late start. I can’t tell you how much fun it is riding with the Boardworld crew.

p.s. Blizzard, if you can make it down for Sunday, I’ll have a free lift pass for you. Come on, can’t beat that! wink

Here’s some photos from day two at The Shred…

Meeting the boys in the morning.

The whole crew. Dan83, Rhi, ParkwayJosh, Mizu, Fatima, Eddie, Warren, chucky, TJ… they’re all in there somewhere!

Bad photo but fast eddie was getting clean Flying Squirrels all day off the booters. He’s definitely a front runner to take the prize unless anyone else steps up. Mizu on the GoPro in the background.

Lunch/beer time at River Inn.

Artsy shot at lunch. Josh, Dan, Warren, Mizu, Eddie, Fatima, TJ, Chucky, and Michelle.

Snowman arrives tonight. Having dinner at River Inn with some of the crew then drinks with everyone at 7:30. Looking forward to more of you arriving!  shaka

Lookin Mint Folks!! Frothin to get up there!

p.s Shredders, check riders challenge if you havent yet wink

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 13 September 2011 08:37 AM

p.s Shredders, check riders challenge if you havent yet wink

Riders Challenge???? I know nothing of which you speak…..????? wink

rider26 - 13 September 2011 08:25 AM

p.s. Blizzard, if you can make it down for Sunday, I’ll have a free lift pass for you. Come on, can’t beat that! wink

Looks like you guys are having a blast!!!

I want to be there soooooooooo bad you have no idea!

Thanks for the offer, I will let you know how I go with trying to swing it for Sunday