The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Buying first board

Hey guys - a board that is a little longer board in a CAMrock profile does not make the board ride too much longer. The beauty of the CAMrock is that it rides longer in pow (due to the rocker tip and tail) and shorter on groomers (due to the short camber running length under foot) - so it’s kind of the best of both worlds.

The 164 would be great for someone your size, it isn’t too difficult to ride, and would support your body weight very well in powder.

And the guys at STM sound like they will look after you!  Stoked

I agree with Amine that for camrock you should go a tad bigger than your regular size.

Amine, isn’t the pick your line a stiff board? Haven’t looked at the specs but since it’s the DCP big mountain board, that’s what I’d assume it would be. Wouldn’t something more medium flex be better for the OP?

That extra stiffness will be great for carving though, which was one of the reasons I thought it would be a great board for him. He said he likes to carve and he does weight 90+ kg. Given where he’s at with his riding (and improving), what he’s going to be using it for, I don’t think it’s going to be too stiff. The pick Your Line is softer in the nose too, so turn initiation will be nice and smooth, but stiffer in the tail for laying down hard carves. Amine, it’s not too stiff, is it?

Jared, sent you a PM. Tracked some large C02 bindings for you at ESS in Jindabyne. They quoted approx $20 for shipping. The bindings are silver and black in colour. RRP is $550, comes down to $385 at 30% off. Give them a call and speak to Jake or Pete. They know about it.

Phone: (02) 6457 1455
Email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)