The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New Snowboard and New to the Forum!

Hey everyone.

I’m Joanna and I’ve been skiing by entire life, which is a total of 16 glorious years, but I swapped to snowboarding last year.

I’m looking to buy a board, and I’m really interested in this one:
http://nitrousa.com/board/cheryl-pro-model?hbnojs=variant=8781

It’s pretty much perfect for what I want, but its on the US Nitro website. The problem is, is that I can’t find it in ANY Australian stores, or their sites. It’s listed on Boardworld:
https://www.boardworld.com.au/snowboarding/content/category/nitro-snowboards-womens/
But I can’t find it anywhere for purchase.

Does anyone know where I could get my hands on one of these?

Thanks!

Hi Joanna, welcome to Boardworld.  cool smile

Those boards listed were submitted to us by Nitro Australia, so they must have come into the country this season.

What size are you looking for? I will give the Nitro rep a call and see if he has any or knows of any stores stocking it.

Welcome Joanna, congrats on taking the step to switch from skiing to snowboarding.. I did it a while back and have never looked back.

If there’s one of those boards in the country chances are Jeremy (rider) will be able to track it down for you grin

Welcome not only to Boardworld, Joanna, but also to the fun side!!!!!  cool smile

Got your PM, Joanna. I will see what I can find for you. smile

Hey Joanna,

I spoke to Nitro and there are no Cheryl 142s in the country. They are out of stock and no stores have them either.

You have a few options:

Nitro will be getting more stock around December so there is a chance of getting one then. No guarantees.

Nitro do have a Mystique 142 if you are interested, however this is a downgrade.

I am at STM now (http://www.stmonline.com.au). There is a 2012 model Arbor Cadence 143 in stock. This is a really good board and similar to the Cheryl. The graphics are unreal too (looks even better in person). Rocker, sintered base, twin shape; it’s a great board! Price is $700 less 30%, comes down to $490.

Let me know you are interested and I will put you in contact with them. smile

that is a damn good discount.
id be taking jeremy up on his offer if i was you!

Your gonna need a “Find A Board For Me” thread/site function, rider????

Once crew know what they want, then they can request BW Members and Yourself, to help find one in stock and from an Aussie Dealer at the best price!!!!!!

Aussie Dealers could also have access or auto email alerts when someone uses this function/thread????

Just an idea????

Thanks so much rider!

I’ll talk to the parents!

Arbor boards are sick, and made with an environmentally friendly outlook on production. Def a company worth supporting!

DO IT yoshi!

Arbor boards are really good quality, have heaps more street cred than Nitro, and that one’s awesome looking!

It’d look killer with cherry red bindings - or for a classier, more subtle look, Union ‘Milan’ bindings in white/red.

Does the Arbor need specific bindings?
I know some brands that only certain bindings go with their boards…
Or can you just use regular ones?

Any bindings will work with the board. It has a regular four hole pattern.

Brilliant.

Just showed mum, she says she likes the price, but isn’t too keen on the design ):

I will certainly try my best to convince her.

The artwork on it is seriously awesome. Looks so good in person. Most importantly, it will be a great board for you to learn and progress on. You will love it. smile

She really likes the idea of me riding a very bold coloured board.