The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher Freedom Pass (2012 season Pass) only $699

Well they’ve sold about 65% in just about two days. I’d say things will slow down a bit now that Thredbo’s offer is on the table.

It’s great to see how some competition is forcing the resorts in this country to drop their prices. I may be being pessimistic, but I think when the Aussie dollar falls back to a more sustainable level and OS travel is less attractive they’ll just put the price back up again. But in the mean time let’s make the most of it.

MU ollie

Perisher have already confirmed the same price for next year. I think the catch is you need to buy one this season to secure the price for next season.

Eh, if it goes up you’d probably be looking at $750 or so… I might be tempted next year if they do it before the shred and we plan 2013 Shred at Perisher smile

It seems we got our wish - the v8 has gone on wind hold since MU posted the last photo above.

Who wants to place bets of the timing of the deal running out vs thredders end date (seasons end)?

ozgirl - 07 September 2011 09:22 AM

. . . the v8 has gone on wind hold . . .

Clever. smile

I got one and then remembered that some of these season passes come with hidden details. When Perisher sent the reply email ,I notice a bit of BS about delivery or pick up. Reading on I have come to thinking that you have to front up at the ticket office each day to be issued with a days pass every-time you want to ride. I hope not.

johnoT - 12 September 2011 04:54 AM

I got one and then remembered that some of these season passes come with hidden details. When Perisher sent the reply email ,I notice a bit of BS about delivery or pick up. Reading on I have come to thinking that you have to front up at the ticket office each day to be issued with a days pass every-time you want to ride. I hope not.

I had a chat to them, and they said that it’s just a normal pass, where you take a photo at the counter once and just use that same ticket from there forward.

you serious? that would be pretty inconveinent to say the least.

TJswish - 06 September 2011 07:25 AM

Eh, if it goes up you’d probably be looking at $750 or so… I might be tempted next year if they do it before the shred and we plan 2013 Shred at Perisher smile

pretty sure that by law the shred cannot be held in the same resort 2 years running. thats the standard for shred locations world wide.

Banger - 12 September 2011 06:55 AM
TJswish - 06 September 2011 07:25 AM

pretty sure that by law the shred cannot be held in the same resort 2 years running. thats the standard for shred locations world wide.

Haha!!!

I wouldn’t mind an excuse to go to mexico!

Anyway at the rate the Ullr crew are going wont be welcome anywhere twice!

Ole!! Come to Mexico!!

Falls would be a sick venue for the shred!

Hotham would be better !!!!!

C’mon, lets do a Mexican Shred

‘11 Shred at Shredbo
‘12 Boardworld humms at Ho Hum

I knew you would say that. Id be happy with hotham. General is awesome. Parks lack though. But they have done alright this month on summit