The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Resort/Season Pass 2012 poll

Poll: What resort are you getting a season pass at (for Australia 2012).
Total Votes: 47
Perisher
Thredbo
Selwyn
Charlottes
Hotham / Falls
Buller
Baw Baw
Stuff OZ im getting one in NZ
None

Just wondering what everyone is doing next season, season pass wise.
I’d like to get one somewhere that a quite a few people are going to be at, to ride with, carpool with etc etc
at the moment I’m thinking Perisher with this 699 deal….its likely that ill still ride a couple of times at Selwyn as well.

<small>*edit : Made Hotham & Falls in the same box. One pass covers both mountains. smile Azz

I might just wing it, so that I can get a Japow stint happenin for 2013!!!!!

I voted Perisher - but i am not getting a season’s pass.

I will always stay in Jindy (might splurge and stay on snow for the slide) and always happy to car share to/from Syd/Jindy, Jindy/Perisher.

I will tube or drive as I get both. I technically can only drive to the resort if i have a paying customer in the car with me. So very happy to take those customers with me!

Japan in Feb = only 1-2 trips to auzzie snow next year… prolly 1 trip with the mates and 1 BW Shred!

so you’re not playing football next year, crackers?

cords - 05 September 2011 04:13 AM

so you’re not playing football next year, crackers?

why wouldn’t I be playing? your thinking a season pass equals injury? hahaha

Perisher for us. smile

nah just that is automatically a day out of your weekend gone to ride!

I won’t be getting a season pass. As much as I’d like to.

My season is normally made up of 1-2 day trips to Buller, and a week in Perisher, so that doesn’t warrant getting a season pass for me.

Hopefully next season I’ll be able to make up for a lack of snow time by hitting the dry slope. They reckon it should be ready by about April.

Oh and I’d be getting one of these, if I wasn’t planning on being in sweden for most of our winter…I’ll still want to get some riding done though so might do a spring trip to NZ when we get back!

chalk one up for Perisher

Perisher for me!

I thought the $699 deal was too tempting. I’ll spend that in one week at Thredbo and I was planning on spending a week at Perisher next year anyway. Its not worthwhile buying a season ticket for the whole family unless we go for at least 10 days on the snow per year. Plus you have to add all the ancillary costs on top of that…and it gets too expensive very quickly.

I did ask about lessons and Milo Club with a season pass and was told that lessons were $46 extra and kids in Milo club was an extra $88 per day for 5 day package. One advantage was the 15% discount if you buy tickets for family members and you get one free day to use this season.

Anyways I don’t want to bore people with the details. Basically the $699 season ticket means I can go from getting 5-6 days on the snow to around 10-12 days on the snow for little extra cost. I did include the extra $50 for insurance cos I thought it was a good idea for injury and sickness coverage cos you never know.

It’ll be interesting if Thredbo come out with a season ticket offer for anything near $699.

MU shred

ozgirl - 05 September 2011 03:41 AM

. . . I technically can only drive to the resort if i have a paying customer in the car with me. . .

That’s a patroller thing?

chucky - 05 September 2011 09:12 AM
ozgirl - 05 September 2011 03:41 AM

. . . I technically can only drive to the resort if i have a paying customer in the car with me. . .

That’s a patroller thing?

thats a ‘staff” thing. We are supposed to use the tube. There is no staff designated areas like at Thredbo for parking - besides at the tube.

We get a staff parks pass and we aren’t supposed to drive up to the resort unless we have paying customers in the car. But I know enough paying customers up there most days to get away with it wink

Only me choosing Thredbo??

Hopefully more people will come on board with the current deal.

I’m completely over Thredbo and their BS. I think a lot of other people are too.  mad