The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Thredbo bring out a counter offer. Its pretty good

MyThredbo 2012 platinum pass offer - ride the rest of this season, ride all next season and have access to Thredbo Leisure Centre and summer activities until Oct 2012 for $749 for adults & $449 for kids. Winter only pass $699 for adults and $399 for kids, gives you the rest of 2011 season and winter 2012. Available online Wednesday….

(Only negative is that you have to pony up the money in full tomorrow - the way Perisher did was pretty clever)

Sucks that u gotta pay it all at once but def getting this!! $700 is soooooooo cheap still

the cool part about all this is that if you were gonna buy a season pass to either resort and had budgeted so (planning a season next year anyone?) you could buy both and ride whichever one you wanted the whole season for roughly the same price as a normal season pass anyway!

Good to see the resorts finally charging ‘proper’ prices for a season pass. It’s criminal what they charge compared to overseas when you compare the length of the season here and the terrain available.

One BWM was contacted by phone by a resort marketing director. Our member really gave him a piece of their mind regarding pricing and marketing practices.

There are so many bad vibes coming from everywhere (especially business owners) in Thredbo. So many people describe KT using the “C” word.
Things are not good atm I’m glad both resorts are pulling their heads out of the dark smelly hole it’s been stuck in for so long.

I bet the government enquiries that have gone on the last few years have forced this “offer” to happen. I know little gets done due to the complaints directed to them from the public.

cords - 05 September 2011 10:40 PM

the cool part about all this is that if you were gonna buy a season pass to either resort and had budgeted so (planning a season next year anyone?) you could buy both and ride whichever one you wanted the whole season for roughly the same price as a normal season pass anyway!

yeah I thought that to. Spaz should be stoked!

yeah I was thinking more of the season workers who would be based in Jindy and you could just pick whichever one you wanted to go to each day on the hill, ride with whichever one your mates were riding and whatnot - would be sick!

cords - 05 September 2011 10:58 PM

yeah I was thinking more of the season workers who would be based in Jindy

Personally I think that Jindy locals should get an even better deal.

I would not complain if locals only were offered a joint seasons pass.

And it is very difficult to be a ‘local’ you have to jump through a lot of hoops to be considered a local. They already have a locals discount pass of sorts and it is pretty hard to get.

I’m so stoked we’re finally seeing the resorts held accountable for the absurd amounts of money they have been charging people over the years. These prices are finally acceptable and we’re finally heading in the right direction. These guys have been killing the snow industry in Australia for years.

I am surprised Thredbo have offered such a good offer. Looks like all the pressure from all sides finally got to them. Social media has finally given paying customers a voice and handed back some power.

Anyway, this is a good deal from Thredbo. I’m already committed to Perisher for next season but this one looks the goods too. Credit must go to Perisher for biting the bullet and setting the trend.

Devo that my lift pass for the Shred has been paid for already!!!!  long face

Mizu Kuma - 05 September 2011 11:36 PM

If the shred next year was in Thredbo then this would be fantastic… you got 14 odd days on 1 $700 season pass.

Mizu Kuma - 05 September 2011 11:36 PM

Worth a phone call at least I’d say!

Just found this on Thredbo facebook page -

You can deposit $199 and pay the rest by May 2012 or pay all and ride and play now.

ozgirl - 05 September 2011 10:25 PM

MyThredbo 2012 platinum pass offer - ride the rest of this season, ride all next season and have access to Thredbo Leisure Centre and summer activities until Oct 2012 for $749 for adults & $449 for kids. Winter only pass $699 for adults and $399 for kids, gives you the rest of 2011 season and winter 2012. Available online Wednesday….

(Only negative is that you have to pony up the money in full tomorrow - the way Perisher did was pretty clever)

Where is this deal!?! That’s so good! I couldn’t find it on the thredbo website?

Who’s getting one of the cheap Thredbo or Perisher season passes?

ozgirl - 06 September 2011 12:09 AM

Just found this on Thredbo facebook page -

You can deposit $199 and pay the rest by May 2012 or pay all and ride and play now.

If I could deposit $199 and ride now and then dog the payment for next year I’d be sooo in lol!

Dan83 - 06 September 2011 12:14 AM
ozgirl - 05 September 2011 10:25 PM

Where is this deal!?! That’s so good! I couldn’t find it on the thredbo website?

Who’s getting one of the cheap Thredbo or Perisher season passes?

Its on their facebook page, the announcement. On sale tomorrow (not sure if it is only for the day or form tomorrow though)

Personally I think it is a very quick reactionary offer and that the haven’t decided much! They are still sorting their shite out!