The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher Freedom Pass (2012 season Pass) only $699

I’m thinking of getting on to this even though I’m unsure of where i’ll be at with work. If you’re planning on riding any more than 6 days down there, this seems like a no brainer?

grahamgee - 05 September 2011 03:51 AM

I’m thinking of getting on to this even though I’m unsure of where i’ll be at with work. If you’re planning on riding any more than 6 days down there, this seems like a no brainer?

Yep if this had of been last year I would have been all over it! Even though I didn’t have a job thru winter and even though I didn’t need it beyond July.

I also think this deal has got to cement the fact that the shred will be in Perisher next year! (fingers crossed?) I think I will be there for the whole 9 days. Would be super cool if I get my red jacket by then ( i doubt it though :-( )

For the last 3 season I have not pay for a lift pass because I never be asked to show it. Old age has it advanages.

johnoT - 05 September 2011 04:00 AM

For the last 3 season I have not pay for a lift pass because I never be asked to show it. Old age has it advanages.

Bahahahahhaaa!!!!!

CRACKERS - 05 September 2011 03:20 AM

You’ve sold me. You too, Deano. Confirmed what I was already thinking. Parks Pass it is. smile

so you are definitely getting one of these rider? not confident that Thredbo will come out with a counter offer in the next few weeks?
Im swaying towards getting one tonight. Ive got the same dilemma though with the tube…..$60 seems like a steal, and for busy weekends when there is shit loads of traffic or days when the roads are suss than the tube is a winner ( plus if you are going to use the FIRST TRACKS option, the likely days you will be on that are when its snowed, which equals snow on the road early and much longer trips by car than tube.) however if my mates dont get the tube option than its likely id drive or be in a car thats driving the whole way anyway.

Yeah I’m 99% sure. It’s in the shopping cart, just trying to work out why it keeps trying to sell me two passes instead of the three I have selected.

Honestly, I have no faith in Thredbo. Who knows whether they will offer anything. Any bet they are counting on people to think they will offer something down the track, only to watch the Perisher offer expire.

I was fairly certain I was going to get a season pass for Perisher next year anyway. After dealing with Thredbo this year on a number of issues, I would give the business to Perisher on principle alone. Without getting into the details of it, Thredbo management is just a joke. The Shred will be at Perisher next season, if that makes a difference for anyone.

$60 does sound good for the Tube. However I like the freedom of having a car and I get impatient waiting in lines. I have chains so powder days are never a problem. I think it just offers more flexibility to have a Parks Pass, especially if going down with mates.

Yeh fair enough. I’m pretty much sold. I have another mate coming round tonight and we will get them than I think.

rider26 - 05 September 2011 04:06 AM

The Shred will be at Perisher next season, if that makes a difference for anyone.

shaka

. . .Thredbo. . . Who knows whether they will offer anything. Any bet they are counting on people to think they will offer something down the track, only to watch the Perisher offer expire.

That’s my theory too.

there is always getting a lift up the hill with the caboose .... wink

So…........... are ya comin to next years Shred then Caboose????  hmmm

Done. Purchased three season passes for Michelle, BPizzy, and myself.

Come on guys, get on the Perisher train! wink

Toot Toot!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 05 September 2011 05:33 AM

So…........... are ya comin to next years Shred then Caboose????  hmmm

if there is snow ..... i will be there :D

CRACKERS - 05 September 2011 03:20 AM

You’ve sold me. You too, Deano. Confirmed what I was already thinking. Parks Pass it is. smile

so you are definitely getting one of these rider? not confident that Thredbo will come out with a counter offer in the next few weeks?
Im swaying towards getting one tonight. Ive got the same dilemma though with the tube…..$60 seems like a steal, and for busy weekends when there is shit loads of traffic or days when the roads are suss than the tube is a winner ( plus if you are going to use the FIRST TRACKS option, the likely days you will be on that are when its snowed, which equals snow on the road early and much longer trips by car than tube.) however if my mates dont get the tube option than its likely id drive or be in a car thats driving the whole way anyway.

Yeah I’m 99% sure. It’s in the shopping cart, just trying to work out why it keeps trying to sell me two passes instead of the three I have selected.

Honestly, I have no faith in Thredbo. Who knows whether they will offer anything. Any bet they are counting on people to think they will offer something down the track, only to watch the Perisher offer expire.

I was fairly certain I was going to get a season pass for Perisher next year anyway. After dealing with Thredbo this year on a number of issues, I would give the business to Perisher on principle alone. Without getting into the details of it, Thredbo management is just a joke. The Shred will be at Perisher next season, if that makes a difference for anyone.

$60 does sound good for the Tube. However I like the freedom of having a car and I get impatient waiting in lines. I have chains so powder days are never a problem. I think it just offers more flexibility to have a Parks Pass, especially if going down with mates.

Well if the shred is there next year, it seems stupid not to buy one…

I’ll take another look tonight.

We asked Hotham via their FB page if they would be doing a similar deal and they responded with a wait and see, something will be announced in the next few weeks.

Do you think they will try and match it? If they do, it’ll most likely apply for Falls as well. smile