The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher Freedom Pass (2012 season Pass) only $699

Caboose - 05 September 2011 02:47 AM

tighter than PB???

holy shit balls ...... wink

Yeah, I reckon so… way worse.

ozgirl - 05 September 2011 02:52 AM
rider26 - 05 September 2011 02:29 AM

I haven’t been on the Tube in years. Can you remind me how long it takes to get to Perisher?

Trying to work out whether I should get the tube add-on or just buy a two year National Park pass for $335. I know the Tube works out cheaper ($120 for two people) however I like keeping my options open.

I would prefer to drive myself. Going up is not so bad (and def worth it if there is a need for chains) but it is the return journey that makes it a pain. If you just miss one by the time the next one comes along you could be almost to jindy in the car. Then it is still a 15min drive to jindy from bullocks flat.

Having said that there are a lot of locals who tube it. But I will always consider driving over public transport any day. I am a control freak like that wink

Also you may as well have a Parks pass for other resorts, maybe you will go to Thredbo (just to hand out promotional stuff say) and you would have to fork out the $27 for a day pass. Or maybe you will hit up selwyn for Pirates day wink

You’ve sold me. You too, Deano. Confirmed what I was already thinking. Parks Pass it is. smile

rider26 - 05 September 2011 02:44 AM

I wouldn’t count on it. You have no idea how incredibly tight Thredbo management is with discounts and lift passes.

Can vouch for that, tighter than a fat kids lap band!!!!!

rider26 - 05 September 2011 03:05 AM

[You’ve sold me. You too, Deano. Confirmed what I was already thinking. Parks Pass it is. smile

it makes so much sense if your travelling up pretty often, at first i was hesitant due to the upfront cost. but in the end run, its wayyyy cheaper

I’ve always bought the 2 year option!!!!!

Caboose - 05 September 2011 02:30 AM

hey chucky

i think you are reading too deep into it

Prices are from $79 at station (right now rates are from $99 per night - so you have saved $20 a night)

you don’t have to stay there and you just saved $600 from buying your season pass that you can put towards accom

I find that in AUS, lift pass prices are the last of your worries. Accommodation costs are the REAL killer - so the only reason I’d buy a season pass in AUS, is if I’d lined up affordable accommodation. Otherwise, it’s NZ for me, where I’ve been able to get 4 or 5 star accommodation for under a hundred bucks a night.

rider26 - 05 September 2011 03:05 AM
ozgirl - 05 September 2011 02:52 AM
rider26 - 05 September 2011 02:29 AM

I haven’t been on the Tube in years. Can you remind me how long it takes to get to Perisher?

Trying to work out whether I should get the tube add-on or just buy a two year National Park pass for $335. I know the Tube works out cheaper ($120 for two people) however I like keeping my options open.

I would prefer to drive myself. Going up is not so bad (and def worth it if there is a need for chains) but it is the return journey that makes it a pain. If you just miss one by the time the next one comes along you could be almost to jindy in the car. Then it is still a 15min drive to jindy from bullocks flat.

Having said that there are a lot of locals who tube it. But I will always consider driving over public transport any day. I am a control freak like that wink

Also you may as well have a Parks pass for other resorts, maybe you will go to Thredbo (just to hand out promotional stuff say) and you would have to fork out the $27 for a day pass. Or maybe you will hit up selwyn for Pirates day wink

You’ve sold me. You too, Deano. Confirmed what I was already thinking. Parks Pass it is. smile

Fuel costs for the extra driving distance? Wear and tear on your vehicle?

chucky - 05 September 2011 03:13 AM
Caboose - 05 September 2011 02:30 AM

hey chucky

i think you are reading too deep into it

Prices are from $79 at station (right now rates are from $99 per night - so you have saved $20 a night)

you don’t have to stay there and you just saved $600 from buying your season pass that you can put towards accom

I find that in AUS, lift pass prices are the last of your worries. Accommodation costs are the REAL killer - so the only reason I’d buy a season pass in AUS, is if I’d lined up affordable accommodation. Otherwise, it’s NZ for me, where I’ve been able to get 4 or 5 star accommodation for under a hundred bucks a night.

If you could get a room for 6 for $110 a night like someone said they did….well that is pretty cheap as well.
I do like the fact that I got a nice place in NZ for around $30 Aus a night though.

extra fuel costs aren’t that much split between 3, 4 or 5 in a car.

Selwyn is sick for cheap accommo!

so you are definitely getting one of these rider? not confident that Thredbo will come out with a counter offer in the next few weeks?
Im swaying towards getting one tonight. Ive got the same dilemma though with the tube…..$60 seems like a steal, and for busy weekends when there is shit loads of traffic or days when the roads are suss than the tube is a winner ( plus if you are going to use the FIRST TRACKS option, the likely days you will be on that are when its snowed, which equals snow on the road early and much longer trips by car than tube.) however if my mates dont get the tube option than its likely id drive or be in a car thats driving the whole way anyway.

cords - 05 September 2011 03:16 AM

extra fuel costs aren’t that much split between 3, 4 or 5 in a car.

Selwyn is sick for cheap accommo!

your about to lose a few selwyn riders to perisher! ...except maybe pirate weekend!

looks like OZgirl is thinking pirates haha…you better be there next year after that comment

humdingaling - 05 September 2011 01:38 AM

i derno Caboose
every weekend i went down the cars were stacked all the way back (halfway to smiggins) one day it went past smiggins even!

i wonder how many of the first timers were with the coupon deal type sites
seems to be more of those this year

my mate and his gf only went once this year and they used the get a thredbo ticket for half price deal

i do like the dash board though

Early season i managed twice as many vertical K’s as peak season

shows how much crowds effects how much you can get done

theres a comp in this RIDER! most days ridden or most lifts ridden or most height or some such!

I have always hated (With Passion ) these greedy asshole lift owner holding the public to ransom.  I have only every pay for my lift pass once! and I was totally piss of that it was a piece of paper and I had to pay a $100 plus for a couple of chair lift and t bars and NO Gondola . I have seen what they pay the lift attendant’s and it discussing and that without Accom. They are greedy bastard like Qantas was back in the 80,s where it cost $1200 for a return Darwin flight because they could because they were the only Service. I say a decent price is $35 a day and the pass work at both resorts. Until then I will be poaching lifts.

If ya get a 2 year pass, ya only have to drive up 13 times (Single day trips) in that period to be in front!!!!!

Less than 2 weeks spent up the mountain, and with a season pass in hand, I’m sure that ya will do more than that!!!!!

Plus the fact if ya take crew up, they can shout beers to pay their way????

If there’s snow on the road, then the tube will be as busy as, so it can be looked at both ways!!!!!

Also, another bonus with the parks pass is that ya can get in a whole heap of parks through summer for nicks!!!!!

I’m an advocate of the parks pass!!!!!  shaka

CRACKERS - 05 September 2011 03:20 AM

however if my mates dont get the tube option than its likely id drive or be in a car thats driving the whole way anyway.

Yep this is what would happen with me!

CRACKERS - 05 September 2011 03:21 AM

looks like OZgirl is thinking pirates haha…you better be there next year after that comment

For sure - If it is not a training weekend. I am tied into those (i wanna get my red jacket asap!)