The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher Freedom Pass (2012 season Pass) only $699

electronic ticket system must have told them some useful info on numbers this season

i reckon it was very quite at PB this year

i derno Caboose
every weekend i went down the cars were stacked all the way back (halfway to smiggins) one day it went past smiggins even!

i wonder how many of the first timers were with the coupon deal type sites
seems to be more of those this year

my mate and his gf only went once this year and they used the get a thredbo ticket for half price deal

i do like the dash board though

Early season i managed twice as many vertical K’s as peak season

shows how much crowds effects how much you can get done

rider26 - 05 September 2011 01:14 AM

I wouldn’t be getting this pass for accommodation deals. That said, they should definitely be answering all questions regarding the pass.

Absolutely. It’s more about the fact that they’re deliberately trying to hide the truth about some aspects of the pass. Acting untrustworthy regarding certain areas makes the question their integrity - and therefore the offer as a whole.

I haven’t been on the Tube in years. Can you remind me how long it takes to get to Perisher?

Trying to work out whether I should get the tube add-on or just buy a two year National Park pass for $335. I know the Tube works out cheaper ($120 for two people) however I like keeping my options open.

i wouldnt expect anything less from a corparate monster such as perisher, most companies do the same thing

hey chucky

i think you are reading too deep into it

Prices are from $79 at station (right now rates are from $99 per night - so you have saved $20 a night)

you don’t have to stay there and you just saved $600 from buying your season pass that you can put towards accom

rider26 - 05 September 2011 02:29 AM

I haven’t been on the Tube in years. Can you remind me how long it takes to get to Perisher?

Trying to work out whether I should get the tube add-on or just buy a two year National Park pass for $335. I know the Tube works out cheaper ($120 for two people) however I like keeping my options open.

@ $60 it is a steal to get the ski tube, but i hate ski tube

esp after a days riding

This is really cool too:

Access the same price for 2013
As an additional benefit, when you purchase your 2012 Freedom Pass, you have locked in your price for the 2013 Freedom Pass, although there is no obligation for you to buy the Freedom Pass in 2013, it’s up to you. Ski and board all season long, year after year at an unbelievable discounted price.

If you love the snow you simply can’t afford not to buy a Freedom Pass. Hurry this offer is limited and will sell out fast!

——————————————

I must say, I’m quite impressed Perisher have come up with this deal. I know I’ve complained for years about the price of lift passes in Australia and how season pass prices go up each and every year. It’s good to see they’ve put together a genuinely good deal for Australian skiers and snowboarders. I didn’t see this coming but it’s enough to lure me away from Thredbo. I think they’ve delivered the goods with this one.

i reckon threaders will come out with something similar

i would bet my life on it(ok maybe not my life, but at least $5) they will.

I wouldn’t count on it. You have no idea how incredibly tight Thredbo management is with discounts and lift passes. It would be good to see them do something similar, as it might set a positive trend once and for all. I guess time will tell…

if they dont, i would imagine they will losse a metric sh!tload of customers to perisher. the people who struggle to afford a season pass, or are sick of being ripped off will defect.

the only ppl left will be the old ppl who have ridden there since before electricity was invented, the rich kids who have an elitist attitude and wouldnt ride perisher cause everyone goes there, and spaz   LOL

tighter than PB???

holy shit balls ...... wink

rider26 - 05 September 2011 02:29 AM

I would prefer to drive myself. Going up is not so bad (and def worth it if there is a need for chains) but it is the return journey that makes it a pain. If you just miss one by the time the next one comes along you could be almost to jindy in the car. Then it is still a 15min drive to jindy from bullocks flat.

Having said that there are a lot of locals who tube it. But I will always consider driving over public transport any day. I am a control freak like that wink

Also you may as well have a Parks pass for other resorts, maybe you will go to Thredbo (just to hand out promotional stuff say) and you would have to fork out the $27 for a day pass. Or maybe you will hit up selwyn for Pirates day wink

i have used the tube once or twice but driving is so much easier/better its not funny.

say you go with 3 mates. if you go the tube you all pay $22 (forget how much it is) each. if you drive you all chip in and pay like $5 for the day pass (or in my case when i was living in the gong, me and 3 mates chipped in for a year pass for the parks)

makes sense to me, not to mention you have your car their so you can change clothes/keep food and drink/ refill your camelbak with booze(an essential service for me)