The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher Freedom Pass (2012 season Pass) only $699

I’m curious to know if there are any blackout dates for the Freedom Pass $79 nightly accommodation deal at The Station? Has anybody read anything on Perisher’s website which specifically clarifies whether it’s $79 for the room, or per person?

Nice deal. I hope thredbo do something similar.

Interesting. When you look closer, the not so fine print actually says room rates at The Station are “FROM” $79 with the Freedom Pass.

Hmmmmmmm. I bet they were hoping nobody would notice that.

That is awesome! Well done Perisher for making something like this happen!

I think I’m going to purchase two season passes today.

ozgirl, thank you very much for sharing this with us!

chucky - 04 September 2011 11:49 PM

Interesting. When you look closer, the not so fine print actually says room rates at The Station are “FROM” $79 with the Freedom Pass.

Hmmmmmmm. I bet they were hoping nobody would notice that.

im sure there are a few conditions “hidden”  amongst it all

Yeh im sure there are a few conditions….just gotta work out if im prepared to risk them! haha

who wants to ring them and ask!

Perisher are deliberately being deceptive!!! They are deleting questions about their Freedom Pass off their Facebook page!!! Clearly there’s things they DON’T want people to know!!!

From Perisher

For the ultimate best value season pass you can’t get a better deal than this for the 2012 winter season. Ski or snowboard when you want between 9 June and 1 October 2012,  accessing Perisher’s four resort areas, seven mountain peaks, up to 1,245 hectares of terrain and 47 lifts!

Pay just $699 adults and $399 students (to Year 12) and you’ll also get a FREE day’s skiing or boarding this season from 5 September.

You can secure your ticket for an up front payment of only $199 adults and $99 students and pay the balance in May 2012, but don’t delay, the offer is limited and when the V8 reaches the top station on our home page time’s up and the offer is closed!

all looks legit to me

i have put my deposit down

3 weekends and it is kinda paid for so i may still go to NZ for a week, if i have the cash ........

chucky - 05 September 2011 12:32 AM

Perisher are deliberately being deceptive!!! They are deleting questions about their Freedom Pass off their Facebook page!!! Clearly there’s things they DON’T want people to know!!!

hahah like what?

put them here and i will repost them on their page

For at least the last hour or so (on and off), I’ve been posting requests for clarification on the not so fine print which actually says room rates at The Station are “FROM” $79 with the Freedom Pass - so the majority of room rates could actually cost MUCH MORE than that!

I’ve kept copies of what I’ve posted, and have been reposting the exact same comment - it looks like they’re starting to give up. They STILL won’t answer the questions though - choosing instead to say “give The Station a call” etc.

As many people as possible should get on Perisher’s Facebook page asking these questions - then they’ll have no choice but to be honest about it.

they have different rates early/late & mid season

i have stayed at station in early season from about $50 a night (no breaky) i think (by having season pass)

it then gets more expensive mid season - just like every other place in Jindy

I wouldn’t be getting this pass for accommodation deals. That said, they should definitely be answering all questions regarding the pass.

I like this part as a small bonus: 15% discount on one-day lift tickets for your family and friends (limit 5).

i got online the moment i saw the update on perishers facebook yesterday morning and bought ours for next year!

Yeah, which is why Perisher shouldn’t be giving the impression that with the Freedom Pass, it’s $79 a night all season long. It’s all in the wording - and theirs, while not legally lying, is deliberately deceptive.

they must be taking about that the station resort accommodation replacing with this one

79pp instead is a major increase from what they offered this year
they say FROM because the rate is only good if you book well in advance or when availability is low

with the MYRIDE membership….the station accommodation cost

it cost me 110 a night for a room for 6 (minimum 2 nights)
so 220 for a place that sleeps 6 for the weekend

however my mate booked his room about 3 weeks after me
cost him 500 bucks (for 2 nights) that sleeps 5

anyway they did the calculations rather well
699 = 6.5~ days…so you will have to go 7 days to make your money back
its right on the borderline of how often ill go to “local” mountain