The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New Board

lol rider im not 130kg as mizu kindly suggested, weigh in at bout 100kg… yea i think this time i cant go past the rocker board ive done a bit of looking into it n it seems the right way 2 go n every1 on here is suggesting rocker aswell

yea andy i thought that might b the case with step child boards which sucks, they should make a couple in wide!!! n yea rider ur def on the right track there that is the riding that i love 2 do!!!

thanx 4 the feedback aswell every1 helps alot!!

I’ll bring my T-Rice to the Shred anyways dude!!!!!

Ya can ride it to ya hearts content!!!!!  shaka

I’d say your best options are the Skate Banana 159 wide, Travis Rice 157, Jamie Lynn Phoenix 157 wide. I’d usually suggest something bigger at your weight but I know you’re turning into a park monkey. wink

Skate Banana: Softest of the lot. You might be able to get away with the 159 regular (255mm waist). More of a fun jib board compared to the other two. Almost full rocker (flat under the feet), so it’s going to have the most playful feel. True twin shape.

Travis Rice: Stiffest of the three. All mountain freestyle. Combination of rocker and camber. True twin shape.

Jamie Lynn Pheonix: Softer than the T.Rice. Combination of rocker and camber. Directional twin.

It really depends what you want out of your board. If you’re looking for a soft, fun freestyle board, the Skate Banana might be the go. If you want something more versatile for riding hard on the mountain and in the park, consider one of the other two.

Oh yeah, and stockstandard is bringing a bunch of demo boards to The Shred. Perfect opportunity to demo some Lib Tech boards.

stockstandard, any idea what boards you’re bringing down?

rider26 - 01 September 2011 11:52 AM

I’d say your best options are the Skate Banana 159 wide, Travis Rice 157, Jamie Lynn Phoenix 157 wide. I’d usually suggest something bigger at your weight but I know you’re turning into a park ape. wink

I told ya to tell him like it is!!!!!

Don’t be soft with him!!!!! He’s a big boy now!!!!! Literally!!!!!

My Banana is a 159 not a wide either so 255mm waist with size 12 boots and 115kgs of human it went fine but the TRice 157 is better again!  For nothing but jibs and butters I reckon the banana would be good but I like the stability at speed the TRice has.

Hi guys..

It’s amazing what you can do with a short board these days.

That 157 Travis would be ideal for all mountain/park shrelping. You will just be boarderline on a normal skate banana as far as toe/heel overhang. That extra couple of mm willl make a load of difference.

The Jamie W 157 would also be another great option.

FYI..I was planning to get 2 Libs..2 Gnu..and 2 Roxy boards for the demo..but I can open this up to you guys..let me know what you would like to try and i will endevour to get them there.

I would love to demo a Skate Banana 149 or 152, or a Jamie Lynn 151… whatever you can get a hold of is appreciated. I think it would be great to get a T.Rice down there too. Maybe 153 / 157?

Yeah, a T-Rice 157 would be great!!!!!

I’ll bring my 161.5 so anyone will be free to have a go on that, if they wish 2!!!!!

Mizu, click here.

LOL

hmmm

Ya do know that I will be watchin every post of yours like a hawk, from this moment onwards now!!!!!

Well that edit made no improvements grammatically. Using numbers as a word is a whole different ball game.  tongue wink

I will be careful from now on…  shut eye

Definitely either a Skate Banana or a Park Pickle around the 154-156 mark would go down a treat.

rider26 - 02 September 2011 02:15 AM

Mizu, click here.

LOL

LOL . . . is this going to drive Mizu to using adittional characters/languages/ question  to express himself . .

Hopefully we’ll see a demo board or two around the 159-161 mark . . . we can’t ALL be little people . .
grin

snowdragon - 02 September 2011 02:36 AM
rider26 - 02 September 2011 02:15 AM

Mizu, click here.

LOL

LOL . . . is this going to drive Mizu to using adittional characters/languages/ question  to express himself . .

Careful with ya grammar there, snowdragon!!!!!

The English Police have their special agent watchin every sentence we make!!!!!  tongue wink