The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

BOARDWORLD SHRED 2011 ~Jive talk~

:burn:

Caboose has made excuses all year re not coming to the shred!

I bet even if it did snow a heap we would receive another “sorry guy’s”.

A hike 50m out from Karels T and we will be in big booterville country. I might start building the kicker next week.
No need to do a Kosci mish. (With fresh snow there’s a +60’ rock drop I wan’t to do on Kosci cornice-I had a good look at it yesterday and had to reason myself out of attempting it)

it is a financial thing mainly

i can ride PB for free - season pass has paid for itself

can’t afford $200 for “top to bottom” Threaders atm + the expense of getting down there (just like others earlier in the season)

i am devo -ed, i wanted this bad, but after last week at PB - riding is getting average - out back was nice though wink

can we do this earlier in the season next year like early August or something

Caboose - 01 September 2011 12:22 AM

it is a financial thing mainly

i can ride PB for free - season pass has paid for itself

can’t afford $200 for “top to bottom” Threaders atm + the expense of getting down there (just like others earlier in the season)

i am devo -ed, i wanted this bad, but after last week at PB - riding is getting average - out back was nice though wink

can we do this earlier in the season next year like early August or something

Main problem with earlier is that it is more expensive (see your post above) and people have all booked their own holidays.

+ I think next years shred is looking like Perisher so your season pass would work at the shred smile

Yea dude, late Tuesday night. coming straight after work; hopefully there’s no traffic so i should be there around 9ish

Sounds good. you got my number now ^^

Like rider said; next year is likely to be a Perisher affair.
Though with the price I sourced for accom we may have to keep (spaz’s)Thredbo as an option (as opposed to KT’s) - I’ll have to check peak season pricing. The cost is the reason it’s in Sept. There was a poll going over summer. We had all decided it would be the first weekend of spring but then fathers day got in the way.

I’m beginning to plan a Perisher season next year but I might still live in Thredbo - travel from here to P is quicker than from from Jindy (it takes under 30min and can be as quick as 15)

I’m spewin we haven’t met yet cabs. It’s been many years chatting online without a face to face.

You would live in Thredbo and get a Perisher pass? that just seems stupid lol. Can you get a room in Perisher? Would you? I can’t see a 15 min trip to Perisher… the Ski tube alone is 15-20 mins.

spaz - 01 September 2011 03:38 AM

Like rider said; next year is likely to be a Perisher affair.
Though with the price I sourced for accom we may have to keep (spaz’s)Thredbo as an option (as opposed to KT’s) - I’ll have to check peak season pricing. The cost is the reason it’s in Sept. There was a poll going over summer. We had all decided it would be the first weekend of spring but then fathers day got in the way.

I’m beginning to plan a Perisher season next year but I might still live in Thredbo - travel from here to P is quicker than from from Jindy (it takes under 30min and can be as quick as 15)

I’m spewin we haven’t met yet cabs. It’s been many years chatting online without a face to face.

don’t worry we will hook up sometime

i was thinking of ditching season pass next season and going to NZ

spaz - 01 September 2011 03:51 AM
Mizu Kuma - 01 September 2011 03:19 AM

I might be wrong, but I think your accom is in the lower section of Bobuck Lane, close to where the river cuts under Friday Drive, the main road along the river!!!!!

^Correct! It’s a level walk from Ullr.

I better get busy sorting this stuff out.
Everyone staying at the Shred Shed (Pulpo) should text me with your screen name so I can text you the door code when I get it.
my number: 0414 284 127

You know mine… and I’ll be in your car… so I think we are good smile

TJswish - 01 September 2011 03:49 AM

You would live in Thredbo and get a Perisher pass? that just seems stupid lol. Can you get a room in Perisher? Would you? I can’t see a 15 min trip to Perisher… the Ski tube alone is 15-20 mins.

Ski tube 10min downhill (unless I read my clock wrong) Drive to bullocks 5-10min.

I doubt I’ll find a place up there for the season unless I work for it - then it will be staff accom.
I know people who live in Thredbo/work P.

Better night life in thredbo, better community.

Stupid would be not keeping this pad don’t you think?

TJswish - 01 September 2011 03:58 AM
spaz - 01 September 2011 03:51 AM
Mizu Kuma - 01 September 2011 03:19 AM

I might be wrong, but I think your accom is in the lower section of Bobuck Lane, close to where the river cuts under Friday Drive, the main road along the river!!!!!

^Correct! It’s a level walk from Ullr.

I better get busy sorting this stuff out.
Everyone staying at the Shred Shed (Pulpo) should text me with your screen name so I can text you the door code when I get it.
my number: 0414 284 127

You know mine… and I’ll be in your car… so I think we are good smile

grin
I think so.

Your beanie hasn’t moved from next to the passenger seat.

I think this is a great plan actually - I would much rather live at Thredbo than Perisher.

He gets the best of both worlds for his business - he can still rent cams and stuff at Thredbo and then go over to Perisher on the 7.20 tube, plenty of time before first lifts. His commute would be less than mine is from Jindy. I must catch the tube when I am “working”.

Spaz and I have had loooong conversations about his business plans and roadblocks along the way. I wholeheartedly believe this is a great plan for his business.

(in an idea world having seasons pass at both would be great…. maybe 2013 eh spaz??)

spaz - 01 September 2011 04:04 AM

Ski tube 10min downhill (unless I read my clock wrong) Drive to bullocks 5-10min.

I doubt I’ll find a place up there for the season unless I work for it - then it will be staff accom.
I know people who live in Thredbo/work P.

Better night life in thredbo, better community.

Stupid would be not keeping this pad don’t you think?

Agreed… but then I’d just ride Thredders…

ozgirl - 01 September 2011 04:07 AM

I think this is a great plan actually - I would much rather live at Thredbo than Perisher.

He gets the best of both worlds for his business - he can still rent cams and stuff at Thredbo and then go over to Perisher on the 7.20 tube, plenty of time before first lifts. His commute would be less than mine is from Jindy. I must catch the tube when I am “working”.

Spaz and I have had loooong conversations about his business plans and roadblocks along the way. I wholeheartedly believe this is a great plan for his business.

(in an ideal world having seasons pass at both would be great…. maybe 2013 eh spaz??)

No! Maybe 2012 wink