The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Ordering board from the USA?

rider26 - 31 August 2011 02:46 AM

No 147s left in Australia. Sorry pazza.  hmmm

Looks like the 150 was meant to be????  cool hmm

Hey guys..

Good to see so much information being transfered..and almost all of it true!

A couple of things to remember..a snowboard has no idea how tall you are but it does know how much you weigh. Yes height has a playing role but weight is much more importent. Also for Aussie conditions a smaller board is always ideal..but one day soon you will want to take the sucker to NZ/US/Japan. Now you will need the extra few centimeters.

The Pickle has an asymetric cut and also an asymetric core flex. (softer on your heels)

I personally think that the 147 would have been a good choice but so will the 150..especially if you happen load a couple of Kg’s or take it OS.

I have searched long and wide for the 147..but there ain’t none in Aust.

Do you a deal Paz..if you happen to get the 150 from a store in Aust..email a copy of the reciept to me and I will sort you with a Gnu party pack..hats/wax/stickers etc.

Let me know how you go mate.
ollie

Damn I woulda liked a “party pack” when I bought my TRice from Balmoral ha ha!  Jump on it Pazza, the banana would be good too!

Andy Aitken - 25 August 2011 12:42 PM

Yeah, I try to shop locally when ever possible, but GOD DAMN stuff is expensive over here.

Hmm…

Wanted a rocker board to take to Austria in late January next year.

Pre-ordered a Drake Empire Rocker 2012 board from an Aussie shop for $319.

Will be eligible to get a further $30 back by getting my GST rebate at the airport (Tourist Refund Scheme).

Got a 12 month warranty, free Da Kine stomp pad and Toko Rub-on wax, free Travis Rice That’s It Thats All DVD and a half price Ride board sleeve ($20)

AND the guy at the store recognised me from when I bought my Bataleon Goliath there last year, remembered my name, thanked me for my business and offered me a free hot wax for the Bataleon. Also said that when I come back from Austria he’ll give the Drake a free storage wax too. Awesome service.

So..the price I paid could hardly be seen as expensive considering that the cheapest I’d seen the same board online was 270 Euros ($379.40) not including shipping, and the 2011 model had a RRP of $499 in Oz this year.

I hear the “Australia is so expensive” and “greedy retailers are ripping us off” thing day after day in my industry (retail electronics) and it seems that most people don’t even want to believe that our prices are often less expenive than buying overseas, postage etc. (admittedly not always)

Sorry to sound like a grumpy bastard/know-it-all but c’mon you guys SUPPORT THE LOCAL INDUSTRY (please) or there might not be one next year!